What's new

Heartfelt or KL ... What's in you unit

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Without getting into the pros and cons of KL silica versus HF beads. I thought it would be good for the Brothers who are considering their options to see what people are using in their wineadors/coolidors/large humidors etc

If your willing to share. Just state your type of storage unit and your preferred type of silica based passive humidifier.

I'll start. Two 28 bottle wineadors each with KL. Both units also have 4 Boveda packs to fine tune the RH.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
OK I will slum it up a bit
Coolidor with KL consant 65% sine i set it up 6 weeks ago. Only had to spritz it once when i changed the type of container I keep the KL in. Oh and i live in Utah. Outside Humidity is 10-35% most of the time.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Three 48 qt coolers with 65% HF beads - these hold the bulk of my CCs, Maduro and Sungrown wrapped cigars. One cooler is for most of my sealed boxes with a few stray Anejos and maduro Padrons.
A 60 qt cooler with both 70 and 65% HF for singles and overflow boxes. Wrappers of all types are in this cooler so went for a happy medium RH-wise.
75 ct humidor with 70% HF for Cameroon, Connecticuts and any fragile wrappers such as the MF Oro de Nicaraguas. I used to have an issue with split wrappers on those until I grouped them together and went to a higher RH.
A 150(?) ct desktop with 65% HF and a couple of 72% Boveda packs for recent arrivals that are awaiting transfer to any one of the above.
Also have 3 desktop humis ranging from 20 to 50 ct all with 65% HF for rotatation smokes.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Newair 180 with HF 65% stays solid here in SC. Have another I'm setting up and will be trying out boveda as the only humidity control.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
small tiny thirty-five bottle sized wineadore in which there is two main containers of KL and some small ones, a few small containers of beads, a bunch of bovedas, cigar boxes - most every boxes has either a boveda or a container of beads or KL.

I am waiting for Boveda to come up with a humipack sized for my wineadore. a little bird told me they are working on something to that end.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
28 bottle wineador with 4"x4" tray of kl on bottom with 2 mesh aqua bags of kl halfway up and at top. Holds all my singles. 12 bottle wineador with 4x4 tray of kl at bottom that holds my 10 boxes and a few CCs that a brother @chriswilkes bombed me. Keep them in my finished sub basement that holds temp between 65 and 68 degrees year around unpluged. RH is between 63 winter and 67 summer. I spray the kl with distilled water once a month Nov - Apr. Nothing May- Oct. I open them once a day to circulate air. Easy as can be.