What's new

Hello everyone, Im from Dallas Tx and I like long walks on the beach....

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Ok, but the beaches are like 4 hours away and they really stink.

But seriously, Name is Brandon, go by Meatcake (long story) and I am a newly reformed smoker. I smoked cigars 15 years ago for a few good years, then had kids and stopped cold turkey. Now they are older, so am I and a few work buddies who talked about cigars constantly pulled me back into it.
After they donated a humidor and enough to half fill it (mind you it was mostly stuff they didn't want like Gurkha, Victor Sinclair and 2nds) after 4 months, I am hooked.
I now have 3 humidors, over 300 sticks and have worked my way from mild to full bodied smokes.
Took about 2 months for my palette to get used to the idea of smoking again, but once it came back, I quickly remembered why I loved it so much.
Of course, my friends, being the cruel things they are, made one of my first smokes the Cu Avana Punisher, which was, lets face it, funny but just not nice. That lead me down the road to infused cigars (which they bombed me with, most of which I still have). I smoked them pretty heavily for a few months until I transitioned into the Drew Estate Natural line, and then into Rocky Patels, Alec Bradleys and more traditional smokes.
I really do have a taste for both and I do go back and forth quite a bit. I think both standard and infused cigars have a place in the world and I don't talk down to BOTL about anything they smoke. I figure, we are all different and different palettes like different things. So why not all live in harmony, just not in the same humidor (segregation is alive and well in the cigar world, a truth we cannot deny).
I frequent forums to learn more, love looking at reviews on youtube and read a ton as well. I am considering starting my own blog because at this point I need someplace to channel my obsession.
Hope to spend a lot of time here, talking, learning, and growing as a fellow BOTL.

current favorites include but are not limited to:
Rocky Patel Vintage 1992
Alec Bradley Black Market
Liga Privada #9
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Best Seller
Alec Bradley Tempus
Alec Bradley Prensado
Rocky Patel 15th Anniversary
Natural Root and Dirt Torpedo
Gurkha Black Dragon Fury Maduro
5 Vegas Gold
Punch Gran Puro
Nub 460

Thanks,
Brandon

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Hey Brandon,

:welcome: from Minnesota!

Sounds like you have some good friends. Glad to have you here!

Rupe

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hello Brandon and :welcome:. Very nice introduction. We are glad to have you join us. I am sure you will enjoy the website and the camaraderie.

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Welcome, Brandon, from Chicago! I liked your introduction and the title (hook). Glad to have you here and back into the obsession. Get involved in the community and enjoy your stay!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Not many beaches here in DFW bro. Lots of beeches though, if you get my drift ;)

Welcome. We should meet up soon.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Not many beaches here in DFW bro. Lots of beeches though, if you get my drift ;)

Welcome. We should meet up soon.
for sure man, always looking for fellow BOTL too hook up with for guys night out. Also I like hitting the cigar events that come around. Good way to get some free swag and good deals on cigars. Where in Dallas area are you? I am in Frisco.