What's new

hello everyone!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone from Miami FL. New smoker here. I dont have much experence with cigars(I do smoke cigarettes) and thought I would join a community to help guide me in the right direction. I'm a 21 year old college student/bartender and have smoked a few cigars. None that i have enjoyed as they've been Romeo and Juliets and i found them to be very spicy. If anyone has any suggestions on what cigars I should start off with please shoot them my way! I've got an important dinner with my fiance on Saturday and would love to have a nice cigar with my glass of wine.

Hiram

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Welcome to BOTL.
I say go to your local cigar shop and tell him what you have smoked. And then sugest a hand full of smokes to try and ask if they are Mild, Medium, or Full flavored cigars. And they them and see what you like. I like more full flavored cigars, so my tast are not the same as yours. Macanudo could also be a good start if the RyJ were a little spicey. Important fact, just try as many as you can and see if you like them or not.

Enjoy.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Welcome, The Macanudo is a great smooth beginers smoke. Like a Mercedes, everyone will recognize it, and know you aim at the higher end of life. I find alot of the guys here are smoking Ferraris and Porches, so it's a great place to learn about your new habit.. Check out the Newbie sampler thread, you'll be able to hook up a variety there.

Dogwatch Dale

Herfcastin' BotL
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to BOTL Hiram!

I might suggest a La Aurora #4 or a Cuesta Rey #11 as a good starting point. Make note of what you do & don't like about any cigars you try, then ask your local tobacconist to guide you based on that.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Welcome to BOTL!

Padron maduro 3000 is a great smoke to start with. But try as many different ones as you can and decide for yourself what you like and don't like.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the info everyone! i'll be writing down all these suggestions and go shopping for them tomorrow. thanks again for making me feel welcome!

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Hmmm...by your avatar, I take it you're a Jeeper?

I've got a 98 Tj that's beat-to-snot...and I make sure to always have a cigar with me on the trails. Nothing beats smoking a cigar while rock crawling. [:D]

Welcome!