What's new

Hello from Afghanistan!!

ThankfulJoe

Rather Be Flying
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
We provide Close Air Support on a daily basis. :) The ground guys seem to enjoy having us around, and it makes me feel pretty good about my job. I know that when I'm around the only bad guys that are willing to show their faces are the dumb (soon to be dead) ones. It's a great feeling to do a low pass for the ground guys and to make your presence known in the area.

What's your MOS if you don't mind me asking? Just curious. I've been by Kabul a few times but we mostly stay down in the Shank bowl.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm actually air force, i'm a 3C0. I'm supposed to work on servers in a network control center but i got this special duty to work on some certain close air support systems. so i'm down here with the army doing that business.

ThankfulJoe

Rather Be Flying
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
i'm actually air force, i'm a 3C0. I'm supposed to work on servers in a network control center but i got this special duty to work on some certain close air support systems. so i'm down here with the army doing that business.
Sweet man, MQ-1s/9s then? Those things are a lot bigger than I thought. All we have down here are little Shadows. I thought about looking for a job as a UAS FLIR guy after getting out. There's a pretty decent civilian market from what I hear. I'll make sure and hit you up if I ever make it up to KIA. We need to start trying to work an Afghanistan Herf!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ThankfulJoe - hell yeah!! i got a group of guys down here that smoke cigars, it would be great to have some more!!

@T-Squared - I used to live in Aurora. Are you military?

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hello and :welcome:. We are glad to have you join us and I am sure you will enjoy it here. Thank you for your service and keeping us free.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
and another welcome from afghaniland. I'm down south currently at Tarin Kowt/Ripley/Cole

Im Civilian contractor though, not a real bad ass like the rest of yous:frown: