What's new

Hello from Atlanta, GA!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to post a quick "Hello" to everyone and introduce myself. I've been lurking on here for quite a long time - I am a long time "occasional" smoker (that actually smoked VERY frequently) who began getting a lot more serious about this hobby in the last 6 months or so.

My palate has really begun to develop in the last year or so, and I have learned that I absolutely love the complexities of a good maduro. Since then I have gone from being a "budget conscious" smoker (read: cheap :wink: ) to getting into some of the better offerings.

I decided I should go ahead and register and begin participating in this great community, as I have learned SO much here just lurking.

Some of my current favorites are from Oliva, Padron, and CAO, but I just recently had my first Liga Privada No. 9 (which was also my very first LP), and I think I may have found a new favorite. I can already see many more Liga Privadas in my future...

Anyway, just wanted to say hello to everyone, and look forward to participating.

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
Welcome, Gordon! Glad you're here. I spent three years in grad school in Atlanta. Man, do I miss it. By it, I mean all the great food and cigar shops. I live in the land of Applebee's is fine dining now and the nearest decent b&m is 45 minutes away. This is a great place, enjoy it.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Welcome, Gordon! Glad you're here. I spent three years in grad school in Atlanta. Man, do I miss it. By it, I mean all the great food and cigar shops. I live in the land of Applebee's is fine dining now and the nearest decent b&m is 45 minutes away. This is a great place, enjoy it.
Welcome aboard! Atlanta is an awesome spot, some great shops close by. Enjoy the board my brother.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Hey Eric!

:welcome: from sunny Minnesota :waving:

Glad you decided to chime in and introduce yourself. We look forward to hearing more from you in the future!

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hello Eric. Happy New Year and :welcome: We are glad to have you join us. I am sure you will enjoy the website and brotherhood here.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Welcome, Gordon! I live in South Mississippi, but I actually arrived in Atlanta today on business. I'll be here the rest of today and tomorrow. Do you know of any good B&Ms around here that I could visit? If you're available for a cigar this evening I'm available.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, Gordon! I live in South Mississippi, but I actually arrived in Atlanta today on business. I'll be here the rest of today and tomorrow. Do you know of any good B&Ms around here that I could visit? If you're available for a cigar this evening I'm available.
Hey Brian! I wish I would have been available - crazy busy at the moment, but would have loved to take a break for a smoke!

What part of town are you staying in? I live in Buckhead - there's a lot of cigar friendly places around here, and some decent B&Ms. Let me know what part of town you're in and I can make some recommendations. Are you leaving out on tomorrow? My day tomorrow is going to be pretty crazy until about 7pm or so.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Hi Gordon,

Glad you made it!

Atlanta is not too far from me, I work in savannah ga but live on Hilton head island sc. I get up to Atlanta every now and then for business and as was already mentioned there are quite a few brothers on botl from your neck of the woods.

Don't work too hard and see you around.

James