What's new

Hello from Chicago

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love cigar talk and cigars and just recently stumbled onto this forum while doing some research on Four Kick cigars (love that mule kick) and RoMa cigars (haven't tried these yet).

Some really good content here as I've read around. I started smoking cigars about 12 years ago and have really enjoyed the ride. I took a break from cigars for a few years and recently returned late this summer. It has been a very exciting ride as I tried to catchup on all the cigars I've missed over the past few years.

My current favorite smokes are the reguler line La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor and the Oliva V. Just recently tried the LADC Mi Amor Reserva (loved it) and a 2012 Oliva V Maduro (loved it). I've tried a lot of the Liga stuff (#9, T52, FFP, MUWAT #11, Undercrown) and they are putting out some quality smokes (I liked the T52 the best). I lean toward maduro wrapped cigars but I appreciate any cigar that gives plenty of good flavors (complex or not). I don't retrohale (tried it and didn't like it) so I need to get the cigar flavor from straight forward smoking and aroma.

I rediscovered an old favorite, the CAO Brazilia Gol (which I like more now than I did some years ago) and discovered that I love Brazilian maduro wrappers (like the Carlos Torano Master Maduro, Kristoff Maduro, etc...).

I'm a close to jumping over to the "dark side" but I'm still doing my research before I dive in.

So feel free to give me any suggestions and thanks to all who add to the great contant here.

Best regards,
Ken

Last edited:

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Welcome from VA

Since you asked for some suggestions, if you liked four kicks, try out Headley Grange

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys for the welcome!!! I've been reading up on the Headley Grange and its definitely on my try list.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all for the warm welcome!! I see a lot of Chicago area guys here. I stay on the southwest side. I'm near Evergreen park (but I'm in the city).

My closet smoke shop is Smokey Bear on 87th & Kedzie...really good selection and they have a pretty nice smoking lounge (though I've never stayed to use it). I also like to go to the various Binny's liquor stores as they have great selection as well (that's where I found Four Kicks). I work downtown Chicago so I sometimes visit Iwan Ries (and have been to Jack Schwartz downtown too). I have also been out to CountrySide (near La Grange) to visit Casa De montecristo and that place is amazing!!!

I'm generally just picking up 3 or so sticks at a B&M as I order online for anything I want decent quantity (cause I do I like a deal) but I support the B&Ms by buying singles.

Last edited:

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Hey Ken!

:welcome: from Minnesota :waving:

I'm right there with you. The LADC Mi Amor, Oliva V and Four Kicks are all at the top of my favorites list. Glad you could join us!!!