What's new

Hello from Chicago

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Eveyone,

I’m Chris from Chicago. 35 yrs old with 2 young daughters. My life is super busy with family and work, but I try to find a couple times a week where I can sit down and enjoy a stick or two. I’ve been partaking for several years and have had a wide variety of smokes… some cheapo’s to some really expensive sticks. What I’ve found – price doesn’t matter.

I’ve only joined one message board in my life and quickly couldn’t stand the lack of respect displayed towards each other on that unnamed forum. That led me to months of lurking around other boards, including this one, and checking in on what’s going on in the cigar world. This board (which is why I joined) seems to display a sense of common decency that seems to be difficult to find these days on the interwebs. Credits to y’all on that.

As for my taste in cigars, I tend to stay below 50 ring guage smokes and gravitate towards mild/creamy smokes, but don't discriminate.

My favorite right now is the Illusione eccj 20th. Can’t get enough of them. I normally by singles or 5ers, but this one led me to by 2 boxes…. I love it. Love the Tatuaje Black Corona Gorda, which is another staple for me right now. And I’ve been really impressed with some stuff coming out of Warped, Caldwell, and Quesada. For a great stick (which I wish costed much less), Davidoff Special R. It just hits that sweet spot for me. I make a bunch of trips to Naples, FL and really like some stuff made by a local shop Marcus Daniel down there (also on the pricier side).

At any rate, looks like you have a great community here and looking forward to contributing.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Hello Eveyone,

I’m Chris from Chicago. 35 yrs old with 2 young daughters. My life is super busy with family and work, but I try to find a couple times a week where I can sit down and enjoy a stick or two. I’ve been partaking for several years and have had a wide variety of smokes… some cheapo’s to some really expensive sticks. What I’ve found – price doesn’t matter.

I’ve only joined one message board in my life and quickly couldn’t stand the lack of respect displayed towards each other on that unnamed forum. That led me to months of lurking around other boards, including this one, and checking in on what’s going on in the cigar world. This board (which is why I joined) seems to display a sense of common decency that seems to be difficult to find these days on the interwebs. Credits to y’all on that.

As for my taste in cigars, I tend to stay below 50 ring guage smokes and gravitate towards mild/creamy smokes, but don't discriminate.

My favorite right now is the Illusione eccj 20th. Can’t get enough of them. I normally by singles or 5ers, but this one led me to by 2 boxes…. I love it. Love the Tatuaje Black Corona Gorda, which is another staple for me right now. And I’ve been really impressed with some stuff coming out of Warped, Caldwell, and Quesada. For a great stick (which I wish costed much less), Davidoff Special R. It just hits that sweet spot for me. I make a bunch of trips to Naples, FL and really like some stuff made by a local shop Marcus Daniel down there (also on the pricier side).

At any rate, looks like you have a great community here and looking forward to contributing.
Welcome from Southern California. That's a very well done intro. Now I have letter of introduction envy. :arghh:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from Southern California. That's a very well done intro. Now I have letter of introduction envy. :arghh:
What’s that old saying, “you never get a second chance to make a first impression,” or is it a “first chance to make a second impression?” Who knows…
Thanks for the welcome!

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Welcome from another Chicagoan (live in the burbs/work in the city). There's like 15 of us active from the area; many of us which Herf together frequently.