What's new

Hello from Chicago

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr beef brings back find memories. Wow. Haven't heard that name in a while. Used to go with my grandpa as a kid for a beef fry and a coke. Those were the days.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Sadly a year or so ago the original owner retired and his kids did not want to take it over. He sold to a guy who owns a few other restaurants and was more interested in his margins than preserving Mr. Beef. Franksville is going the same route sadly :(

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Welcome to BOTL from Minnesota @MrBOakley

Damn....All this talk of Italian beef has me hungry now! I always get one (hot and wet like @VeLoRoK) when I am in Chicagoland. I usually stop at Portillos because they are everywhere and convenient but now I’m going to have to try Johnnies.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sadly a year or so ago the original owner retired and his kids did not want to take it over. He sold to a guy who owns a few other restaurants and was more interested in his margins than preserving Mr. Beef. Franksville is going the same route sadly :(
Dammit. That's sad. A buddy of mine worked at Franksville for years.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Welcome to BOTL from Minnesota @MrBOakley

Damn....All this talk of Italian beef has me hungry now! I always get one (hot and wet like @VeLoRoK) when I am in Chicagoland. I usually stop at Portillos because they are everywhere and convenient but now I’m going to have to try Johnnies.
There's a couple portillos downtown for the tourists, but otherwise that's strictly a suburban thing. Food is below average.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a couple portillos downtown for the tourists, but otherwise that's strictly a suburban thing. Food is below average.
Eh I wouldnt say below average, they are consistently decent is what I tell people. They are nothing amazing but you will generally get the same quality every time. Unless you go to the one in Norridge, then its wrong every time.

Welcome from Melrose Park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey! Im over in River Grove.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Been smoking for about 7 years and rolling on and off for 3ish years now. Starting to get back in to rolling, and a lot more serious about it. Bliss Cigars suggested coming here and meeting some rollers! Who is up for a Zoom rolling session haha!

Brian
I’m a Brian in Chicago too.