What's new

Hello from Colorado Springs, CO

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,
I have recently rekindled my cigar hobby from 40 years ago. I used to smoke cigars in high school, along with cigarettes and chew. I loved tobacco. I stuck with cigarettes for 24 years. I quit the tobacco all together 18 years ago. About 3 months ago I decided I would like to just smoke cigars exclusively so I've jumped in and I am enjoying my new (old) hobby. What brought me here is that I'm going to try my hand at rolling my own cigars. I know I'm going down a rabbit hole. I did this with the thought one day that "I'd like to try roasting my own coffee". Yeah, what started out as a curiosity has evolved into a full blown ordeal. Now I have a very difficult time drinking any other coffee but my own. I feel this is where I'm headed in cigar rolling, and I'm totally okay with that. I'm not sure my wife is, but it will work out. All that said, I have purchased a starter kit and a leaf blend kit. Soon I will see if this is something I want to continue. Well thanks for letting me rant. See you in the forums.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I feel you on the coffee tip! I still enjoy a select few roasters, but I sure don't enjoy paying roaster prices lol. Mostly pretty happy with my own after about a year in. Tried my hands at rolling, couldn't get anything to work worth a damn, and am just grateful to smoke cigars rolled by others lol. Anywho, welcome from Chicago.