What's new

Hello from Dallas/Fort Worth

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy, and welcome to BOTL from a fellow Texan!

I'm from Dallas myself....what part of the Metroplex are you from?
I live in Arlington and work in Addison. Do you really live in the PRD?
The land of forbidden smoking...thank you very much Laura :angryteet

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Nice. If you mean Arlington Cigar, kinda. I go in there quite a bit and get some stuff, but I don't buy my boxes from there. I get a ton of stuff online, especially the stuff they don't have. I've gotten to know the tall guy with the short, "salt and pepper" hair. I always forget his name, though. They're good people up there, and they know what they're talking about. There's pretty much one guy at each of the three main shops in Arlington that I like talking to. The old guy in the mall, the alder guy at the store on Cooper that works on Saturday and that guy at the N Arlington store. If you've got time some day, maybe we can meet up at the N Arlington store for a smoke.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. If you mean Arlington Cigar, kinda. I go in there quite a bit and get some stuff, but I don't buy my boxes from there. I get a ton of stuff online, especially the stuff they don't have. I've gotten to know the tall guy with the short, "salt and pepper" hair. I always forget his name, though. They're good people up there, and they know what they're talking about. There's pretty much one guy at each of the three main shops in Arlington that I like talking to. The old guy in the mall, the alder guy at the store on Cooper that works on Saturday and that guy at the N Arlington store. If you've got time some day, maybe we can meet up at the N Arlington store for a smoke.

Sounds like a plan, Kenny owns the store along with Grapevine and Addison. the tall guy is related to him, I can't remember his name either even though I talked to him Monday night.

I have to be in FW tomorrow night, but maybe Thurs or Friday evening.

That is about the only place I buy from. Had issues with some online folks, but now that I have found this forum perhaps I will use some of the vendors here.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
The vendors are solid! Benefits and drawbacks of buying online I guess. You don't get that personal touch or the phone call when the special stuff comes in. Thankfully, I've found some ways to get some of the harder to get Fuentes. Not the really special edition stuff, but the Christmas and Fathers Day(well, not this year) stuff.

Thursday sounds good. I'll be playing golf in the morning, so that might be a good topper.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I live in Arlington and work in Addison. Do you really live in the PRD?
The land of forbidden smoking...thank you very much Laura :angryteet
Actually, from what I understand, you just can't smoke in restaurants; bars are still fine. That doesn't much bother me since I don't smoke in restaurants! The Sherlocks in Dallas is very cigar-friendly. :hearteyes

And yes, I certainly do live in Dallas proper. Our house is on the SE side of White Rock Lake in East/Central Dallas.

Well, welcome to the board! We'll have to all get together sometime....I come to Arlington quite frequently; maybe someday we can all hook up out at the Sherlocks there!