What's new

Hello from Gilroy, CA!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
welcome man! im not too far from you off of 101 its good to see some people closer to me joining... i have an olivia v in my humidor that im waiting to try im glad to hear that you like them

GarlicBelch

John Martinez
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome man! im not too far from you off of 101 its good to see some people closer to me joining... i have an olivia v in my humidor that im waiting to try im glad to hear that you like them
Yeah, I grew up in SJ and work there every day, so I guess SJ is "in my blood". Do you ever go to West Coast Cigars? I've been there a couple times and bought cigars there as well.

The Oliva V is currently one of my favs...

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Welcome aboard GB. I'm also in SJ and can sometimes smell the garlic up here during the morning hours of early summer. I do enjoy eating the "stinking rose", but don't think I could live around the odor 24/7.

if thats the place in morgan hill no i have not... but ive heard about it.
The shop in downtown Morgan Hill is the Morgan Hill Tobacco Co. Pretty nice place - about 50/50 between a cigar shop and a bar/lounge.

West Coast Cigars is just north of Hwy 87 off Almaden Rd. I've heard good things about this place but have not visited it yet.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
Howdy!!

we always went by Gilroy enroute from Merced to Santa Cruz/Monterrey/Carmel!! always stopped at the Casa de Fruita!

GarlicBelch

John Martinez
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if thats the place in morgan hill no i have not... but ive heard about it.
Like tedski said, West Coast is on Almaden Ave, right off the 87 (you can get to it from Curtner or Alma Ave exits). Good place, very helpful guys work in there. Not sure if any of them are on here.

They do cigar tasting nights every month or two. I just missed the last one due to surgery. They were sampling Rocky Patels.

John

GarlicBelch

John Martinez
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what part of sj are you from man?
Originally from East Side, went to Independence High. College locally, and got into high tech early on in the 90s, then moved to South San Jose. I did a stint in Denver for a bit around '99-'00, but moved back to "Silicon Valley" in Gilroy. My parents and family are all in the South San Jose area, so I know SJ well.

I'm a local boy.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Welcome. And now, for a Twilight Zone moment:

Your name is "John Martinez"

My name is "John Artimez"

Just thought that was a bit unusual. Enjoy your time in the brotherhood.