What's new

Hello from London

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from KS! I'll be visiting your City and country this summer. Can't wait!
Hi Lomey, great time to visit considering the currency and all!

I recommend you have a look at http://www.cigars.co.uk/where-to-smoke/ if you fancy some BOTL action when here.

Remember that smoking is banned indoors totally, and also outdoors if food is served. On top of that cigar smokers also get shunned both due to the apparent smell and certain social misconceptions about the demographic who some them.

That being said, the places that do allow cigars, our lounges, are something else. Quite high end and opulent - pretty much feeding that misconception I mentioned! But if you find yourself in London and want some company drop me a DM.

Also, while you are here, you have to check out a few of the top end sellers. A ridiculous selection and also purveyors of the EMS blends.

Thanks for the welcome!!

M.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from New Orleans! Was in Scotland a couple of years ago and was amazed at VAT. It is beautiful there in Aberdeen but expensive.
Aberdeen is where these came from! Did you go to CASC?

I was in NOLA last April. It's a fantastic place. I need to come back and continue my Ol'Fashioned tour!!

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
No I didn't visit CASC, as I wasn't into cigars at the time of my visits. I did visit several pubs and really enjoyed the Guinness, and Boddington on tap, I didn't complain about the temp of the beer. I did go to a microbrewery only to discover the recommended beer for the day, turned out to be from New York. It was very good though.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hi Lomey, great time to visit considering the currency and all!

I recommend you have a look at http://www.cigars.co.uk/where-to-smoke/ if you fancy some BOTL action when here.

Remember that smoking is banned indoors totally, and also outdoors if food is served. On top of that cigar smokers also get shunned both due to the apparent smell and certain social misconceptions about the demographic who some them.

That being said, the places that do allow cigars, our lounges, are something else. Quite high end and opulent - pretty much feeding that misconception I mentioned! But if you find yourself in London and want some company drop me a DM.

Also, while you are here, you have to check out a few of the top end sellers. A ridiculous selection and also purveyors of the EMS blends.

Thanks for the welcome!!

M.
Thanks for the link Martin!

I live in a suburb of Kansas City so I'm used to not being able to have cigars in public places. The only place we can smoke inside is in our homes (wife says NO) or cigar lounges. We can smoke outside at bars, but I don't because people don't like the smell which is fine with me. I try to be respectful of people even though I'm breathing in their cigarette smoke. Haha!

I'm coming to England (first time in Europe) with my wife and another couple who don't smoke so I won't be able to enjoy many cigars. I will be bringing a few petite coronas that I hope to be able to smoke while out in the country side. We are only spending about a day to a day and a half in London then heading out to the see country and history. We will be there for 10 full days and are renting a car for freedom to be on our own schedule. My father's family had a large Manor in the Norfolk area and also built the Silk Mill in Derby that's now a museum if you have ever heard of it so we will be making those 2 of our stops. My avatar is actually our family crest. I might PM you with questions on things that are a must see if you don't mind? Especially in our short time in London. Thanks for the offer to meet up for a cigar in London, but probably won't have much time. I will keep my options open though. It sucks about the prices for CCs being so high or I would bring a few home.

Take care brother