What's new

Hello from Nashville

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My name is George. I am a long time smoker (40 plus years) but have mostly stayed away from social media and groups until now. I currently have over 4000 cigars and at my age have come to realize I will never be able to smoke them all. Most of them are vintage but I still buy newer brands, there are so many great ones! I have a website which is also my user name. There are a lot of do's and don'ts on this site and I will do my best to navigate them. I look forward to sharing stories, reviews and cigars with you.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Hi George, I’m James - I go by Jamie though, because for some reason my parents decided to give me a name and then call me something else - which kinda messed with my head for a while when I was younger, but eventually I got used to it and it stuck.

Anyway, I tried to go to your website but it redirected me to this - DBBB435F-7FA0-4416-9516-2FF1D627B028.png

We get plenty of intro posts pimping websites here, and most of them are just spam - the redirect is fishy, and I can’t tell what’s up there - can you tell us what’s up with the website?

Also, when you say you have a bunch of cigars and a “vintage cigar store .com”, it sounds like you’re trying to sell something - but you also apparently read the forum rules and are trying to abide by them - so just tell us what your goal is, are you aiming to sell cigars while abiding by forum rules?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
First to answer your question about selling cigars. Yes I do have a web store unlike any other on the internet; but that is not why I joined BOTL. Frankly I give away more than I sell. I enjoy talking about cigars (and whiskey) and usually just frequent the cigar lounges however with Covid they are not as populated as they used to be. I used to travel a lot, just to visit other collector friends, but even that is more risky now. I was hoping for a replacement place to compare and share. I have sent multiple emails on this selling topic through the contact us here and gotten no response. It was not my intent to break the rules and I did inquire about even mentioning my site for what is now an obvious reason. I have been a BOTL visitor/observer/reader many times and have seen how easy it i incur the rath. I have been reluctant to join for that reason. I look forward to becoming a con-formative, mentoring, friendly member with a little help,

As for my site, thank you for the misdirect feedback and I will get that corrected tomorrow with my admin. I have no google ranking yet so typing the address search is tricky, no spaces and look for the age verification page link. I will not add the direct link here unless someone says it is okay. Any aficionado would find the content and history very interesting or may even cause them to drool a little. I am always open to sending samples for feedback once I know the process. Look forward to hearing from you all.
Thanks

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi George, I’m James - I go by Jamie though, because for some reason my parents decided to give me a name and then call me something else - which kinda messed with my head for a while when I was younger, but eventually I got used to it and it stuck.

Anyway, I tried to go to your website but it redirected me to this - View attachment 157027

We get plenty of intro posts pimping websites here, and most of them are just spam - the redirect is fishy, and I can’t tell what’s up there - can you tell us what’s up with the website?

Also, when you say you have a bunch of cigars and a “vintage cigar store .com”, it sounds like you’re trying to sell something - but you also apparently read the forum rules and are trying to abide by them - so just tell us what your goal is, are you aiming to sell cigars while abiding by forum rules?
Thank you for the redirect feedback and the issue should/has been corrected. Please try again at your convenience and advise on the policy of inserting links in threads like my site.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
George,

I think the way to look at it is If you are here to promote your site you're in the wrong place. If you want to talk about cigars, share your knowledge with less experienced cigar smokers and pretty much anything else we welcome your participation. Members will be more then willing to discuss your site once they've gotten to know you.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
George,

I think the way to look at it is If you are here to promote your site you're in the wrong place. If you want to talk about cigars, share your knowledge with less experienced cigar smokers and pretty much anything else we welcome your participation. Members will be more then willing to discuss your site once they've gotten to know you.
That is fine with me, paraphrasing what I stated earlier, it was not my intention to barge in like a robocaller or vacuum salesman bothering your people. I understand you don’t want someone saying; pssst wanna buy some Cohiba’s, my brother works at the factory.

That is not me…I have decade’s worth of collecting cigars on my site and they are part of my identity. Taking that away, even while getting to know me, takes some of the most interesting things I have to talk about. It’s like saying I am an American but can’t use my birth certificate to prove it. Knowing these threads hang around forever, I will stop venting now. No site talk...got it!

Two thirds of my collection is not on the site and probably never will be…they are mostly aged cigars in the same humidor for 20 plus years. I guess we can talk about those! I also have a whiskey collection to discuss for pairing purposes. I welcome any questions and I will look at some of the topics on BOTL in which I may participate. I may also post some of my personal collection photos if that is allowed.
Thanks for the opportunity.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for the likes! I feel so loved....lol

I read the required reading and saw the newbie sampler thread. It says no longer open when I go there to post??? I am looking for a trade sponsor. Also, I would like to start earning my keep; how do I donate?

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I have been to the site and it has brought back so many memories !!:woot:

I started collecting cigar bands in the 60s ,so many of these boxes are familiar, and others are very exciting. :snaphappy:

I know what it is like to save something for decades, so I can easily relate to your hobby/habit.

Welcome to the site, I hope you find a home here........(y):cat::chicken:

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Thanks for the likes! I feel so loved....lol

I read the required reading and saw the newbie sampler thread. It says no longer open when I go there to post??? I am looking for a trade sponsor. Also, I would like to start earning my keep; how do I donate?
You've got to wait 30 days and have a minimum of 30 posts to be qualified for the noob sampler trade

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is George. I am a long time smoker (40 plus years) but have mostly stayed away from social media and groups until now. I currently have over 4000 cigars and at my age have come to realize I will never be able to smoke them all. Most of them are vintage but I still buy newer brands, there are so many great ones! I have a website which is also my user name. There are a lot of do's and don'ts on this site and I will do my best to navigate them. I look forward to sharing stories, reviews and cigars with you.
Welcome! If you need anything let me know. Great forum and brotherhood here. My name is Antonio.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@Vintagecigarstore.com

George, I see that you are certainly fitting in well here! I’m guessing that you haven’t yet been granted access to a certain area of the forum where people post certain “surprises” (it can take the admins a while to get around to it sometimes) but rest assured, we are all thoroughly impressed!
Thank you!