What's new

Hello from new member from Chicago/Philly

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi there!

Brand new member, family and home in suburban Philly (near Valley Forge Park), but I work in Chicago, so have an efficiency apartment there, too.
Started smoking cigars when I was in college, used to smoke maybe 3 boxes of 25 J.R. Ultimate Double Coronas a year through my ten years as an officer in the Air Force (1982-1992). As the places available to smoke shrank, I started smoking less and less, and as the J.R. Ultimate QC seemed to go to heck in a handbasket, I switched to the Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur Natural Robusto (Epicure), with an occasional maduro for variety, but I probably smoked 6-12 cigars a year for a couple decades. Lately, I've been hanging out with cigar smoking friends and trying new cigars, which I did not used to do. I was a creature of habit and just reloaded my brand. Now I've discovered the joy of samplers and am having a ball! And when you get a premium sampler thrown in cheap, it's economical, too!

I'm smoking several cigars a week now, and the Joya de Nicaragua Red Robusto may replace my HdMs as my go-to cigar, but I'm loving trying all sorts of new things. Drew Estates, Crowned Heads ... back in my AF days, before the mid-90s cigar craze, the brands seemed to be more static. Today it's really a great, vibrant business with lots of fun stuff coming out all the time.

I'm obviously not a noob cigar guy, but have been pretty dormant for quite a while. Looking to learn a lot here and make some new friends.

-John

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Welcome from the Western suburbs! We have a pretty active group of brothers here from Chicago. Do you ever stay over the weekend? We typically get together for herfs on weekends (Friday nights, usually).

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi, Rob,
Yes, I am frequently here weekends, I tend go go home to Philly less frequently but for longer periods, like today through the 14th. I'll usually do 2 weekends plus the week in between. But then I'm in Chicago for 3-4 weekends.
I live in the Edgebrook area of Chicago and work in Lisle. I'll check out the meetups section as I get more familiar with the website.

-John

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Welcome from South Philly!
It seems like our PA and NJ brothers are growing.
A herf may need to be arranged in the near future.

Last edited: