What's new

Hello from Okinawa, Japan

navybsn

New to cigars
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I'm Don. I'm an active duty Navy nurse stationed in Okinawa, Japan. I just recently got into smoking cigars by way of my golf buddies. I've probably had less than 100 cigars total in my life, but I'm starting to catch on. Currently, I order most of my stuff from Cigars International, as they ship to APO/FPO addresses. There is no cigar store on island (that I know of) with any sort of selection or reasonable prices (authentic Cohiba Corona Y4000, which is about $52 right now/per stick!). I'd love any suggestions on where to get quality smokes shipped over for a reasonable price.

So far, I'd say I lean towards the medium bodied cigars. At least those are the ones I remember enjoying. I really like Cohiba Corona's (the red dot), but other than that specific cigar, nothing has really stood out just yet (well maybe the Perdomo 2 Limited Edition, liked that one too). I mostly have a cigar in the evenings, after work, and maybe one (or two) on the golf course every weekend. I currently have a 25 ct humidor that I'm looking to upgrade.

I'm going to check in to the Newbie Sampler thread, but I'd love suggestions on what to try and keep on hand, places to shop, etc.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Don! Welcome to BOTL! My family origially came from Okinawa (Naha) and now live in Hawaii. I hear the climate there is very humid and hot! Hope the golf is good there and be safe!

Thecatch83

I smoke Opus like candy!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome aboard! I'm an Aircrew Instructor with VRC-30 in Atsugi Japan, and it's nice to have a fellow BOTL in Japan......let me know if need some smokes, you might want to check out the NST!!!!

navybsn

New to cigars
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, thanks to everyone for the welcome. It is usually hot & humid, but it's 60 and freezing tonight! I guess that's how you know it's usually warm, 60 becomes cold! Cold enough the wife is letting me smoke a stogie inside. Sweet!

Thecatch83 : you guys aren't having any "fallout" issues up there are you? Stay safe up there.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0

Welcome aboard, Don! Thank you for your service!!

This is a great place... plenty of great people to chat with, and a wealth of tremendous knowledge!!