What's new

Hello from Plainfield, IL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been lurking around for a while soaking up all the good info and figured now was as good a time as any for an intro. I'm a former cheesehead who currently lives in the far southwest suburbs of Chicago. I've smoked an occasional cigar casually for many years without knowing a damn thing about them but only within the past 3 or 4 years have I really moved beyond the casual. I started really researching cigar brands and types, the different types of tobaccos, reading cigar reviews and trying many different cigars to find out what I really like. My current favorite is the Man O' War Phalanx which is a strong, knock-you-on-your-ass kind of a stick. For a milder experience, my go to is still the Acid Kuba Kuba. I know some guys don't like the aromatic/infused smokes, but it's a damn good cigar in my opinion. I still like to try lots of different new cigars, but in particular, I look for any maduros I can find. I don't like anything peppery at all, but anything with notes of chocolate/cocoa, coffee, nuts, cedar/oak and even earthy or leathery flavors are all good. My biggest regret recently is that I did not buy more of the Padilla Miami Oscuro Limitado Perfectos when they were available. I smoked my last one a few days ago.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will find lots of great information and people on this board. It's an adventure. Welcome to the forum!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
:welcome: from a fellow cheesehead in Minnesota :waving:

Glad that you decided to jump in and introduce yourself!