What's new

Hello from Queens NYC

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hello all from Queens, NY.

Was handed my first cigar during a Thanksgiving turkey fry at the in-laws this year. Blew my mind!

Since I've purchased a lovely Daniel Marshall Humidor (direct from the company as a "defect" of some sort, but it's in perfect condition), and slowly filled it with a bunch of my favorites and a few I'm looking forward to trying.

My hands down favorite cigar is the Tatuaje Petit Cazador Reserva. I absolutely love this thing and am working my way through the Tatuaje line to find a larger version of this incredibly peppery, sweet and earthy cigar.

Right now my humidor is stocked with:
Liga Privada No. 9 - great consistent smoke that actually bored me for the first time during the final third last night
LP UF13 - I know everyone loves this cigar. I felt it was less impressive than the No 9
Ashton VSG - seems like a reliable smoke to have on hand, hasn't let me down yet
Padron 1964 Maduro - enjoyed very much
Padron 1926 Maduro - enjoyed even more very much
AF Anejo Reserva - cured in cognac barrels?! Sign me up. First impression of this cigar was WHOAH, that's intense. I'm anxious to try after a big meal
La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Reserva - I think this is a great moderately priced smoke. End tends to be bitter, but first 2/3 are nutty and smooth
Illusion 888 Maduro - not rushing to smoke this due to the poor experience noted below on the Necessary & Sufficient
Ortega Cubao No. 3 - kinda on the bottom of my priority list to try
La Jugada - looking forward to trying

On The Way:
Tat RC184
Tat Brown Label Gran Cojono
Tat Brown Lable Reserva J21
Tat Brown Label 7th Reserva

Past Impressions
LP Papas Fritas - I love these little guys. Been through two tins thus far.
Tat Fausto - I thought this was a great peppery powerhouse. I'll be ordering a 5 pack soon enough.
Tat Verocu No 5 - decent little quick smoke, not sure it's worth stocking over the Tat Petit Cazador mentioned above
AF Hemingway Best Seller Maduro - was my second smoke, loved it but I feel like my tastes are moving past this little guy
Jamie Garcia Reserva Especial - really enjoyed, been meaning to get a 5 pack
JD Howard Reserve (Crowned Heads) - bleh, nothing to it
Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Maduro - decent smooth smoke, felt others elsewhere reviewed as a flavor bomb. I didn't have same impression
La Palina Maduro Lancero - great smoke to pair w/ a Guinness. Draw a bit tight but nice full flavor with powdered sugar taste on lips
Illusione 888 Slam Necessary & Sufficient - flavor was good, but the draw was painfully tight. had to toss it mid smoke
My Father La Antiguedad - felt it was strong bodied with little flavor
Leccia Black & White - I may have killed this cigar with improper storage, but it did nothing for me in the flavor department
San Cristobal Revelation - big nic kick, little flavor
Jericho Hill By Crowned Heads - wasn't overly impressed but had noted I should try again
Ortega Serie D Maduro - another I need to give a 2nd go on.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
welcome from il, some fine smokes you have on that list, you're on the right track
+1 Tatuaje Petit Cazador Reserva a damn good smoke

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
When the cigar bug bites, it bites hard - nice collection so far!

Welcome from Chicagoland. Whatever we can do to answer questions or help, let us know.

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hello and welcome from Chattanooga, Tn. We are glad to have you join us. I am sure you will enjoy our community and brotherhood here.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Welcome from CA. Seems like you hit the ground running! The Tat PCR is a great cogar, but my experience with Tatuaje is that they're all good, just different. Take a look at Pete's Ambos Mundos. A little rougher around the edges than most of the line, but at $3-$4 a stick, a great value. Also, smallbatch has cabs of the PCR for $175, which brings them in at around $3.50 per, plus shipping. Looking forward to mixing it up with you on the forum!