What's new

Hello from SF, CA

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I've been reading for a little while now, getting back into smoking after a long time away. I had my first cigar in Cuba when I was 18, a Montecristo #5, and the cigar bug has been "marinating" since then. Since getting back into cigars, I bought a 50-count humidor, which I filled within a week, and after smoking enough so they'd all fit without ziplocks holding the overflow, I purchased about 3 more boxes worth of singles and samplers from CI in a moment of weakness. It was then that I realized I had a serious problem, so I picked up a 300-count humidor (and a half pound of 65% beads :smile:). I hope I qualify as a BOTL, and if anyone can recommend some good DPGs for relative beginners, I'd appreciate it, as I'm getting "the itch."

Respectfully submitted for your approval,

David in San Francisco

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
:welcome: David, Greetings from North Carolina my brother and Welcome to the family! :welcome:

You definately jumped in with both feet David....and in the deep end too!

DPG Blue Labels, JJ Series Nattie, Tatuaje Ambos Mundos Robusto No. 2 would be a few I recommend.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Hello and welcome aboard. I second the DPG JJ's and Blue Label.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome! I enjoy the DPG blacks (cuban classicos) I also like San Cristobal which is blended by DPG I believe...

Serie JJ both natural and Maduro are also nice smokes.

Personally I am not a huge fan of the Blue Label

:cbig::cbig::cbig::cbig:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there good lounges and B&Ms in SF? I'm moving soon.
Thanks for all the friendly replies and all the suggestions! Jacob, there's Grant's on Market St., which allows smoking after 5:30. How soon is soon? I just saw today there's a thread starting about a meetup on 1/21 (I can't post URLs yet but it's under 'Meetups')