What's new

Hello from Texas

AuGar

AuGar
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome from S. Philly!
To help guide you with some selections I have enjoyed, let me ask a few questions:
What body do you like (mild, medium, medium/full, full)?
Not sure
Do you have a budget? If so, may I ask what it is?
I'd say under $10 a stick for now
Have you ever been a cigarette smoker (I ask this b/c I notice former smokers can handle a bit more of the heavier cigars, or at least I know I can)?
Yes but I quit two years ago, two days before my daughter was born

Hope you enjoy the forum, it's a great place!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Whoop! What part of Houston? I'm on the south side near Friendswood. Always looking for people to smoke with if you're ever going to be in the area.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gotcha. Make sure you add an avatar when you get a chance. Helps folks identify you (might wanna hide that address on your profile too, otherwise your mailbox may explode).

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I am not sure if I should be scared or not......lol
Here's some advice that the other guys almost unanimously agree on: you can't have too much storage! Knowing how the guys on this thread like to bomb the other brothers, plus all the great advice you're gonna get about which sticks are in your wheelhouse, you'll run out of storage in no time flat. Just bought a 1000 stick cigar cooler and it's 2/3 full already!

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
@AuGar, based on your answers to my questions, here are a few suggestions. Again, only suggestions!
Milder body, Perdomo Champagne 10th Anniversary. Great flavor throughout, and won't knock you out with a nic punch. I'm not too versed in the other mild smokes, as they just aren't my thing.
Mild to Medium body, go with a Fuente Hemingway line, Sun Grown, or Flor Fina 8-5-8. Perdomo Grand Cru, Lot 23. Room 101 San Andres. Crowned Heads Mason Dixon project is listed as mil-medium, but for some it's stronger. Great smokes either way. My Father Flor de Las Antillas is a favorite of mine. Tatuaje Tattoo, great $6 smoke. Oh, La Aroma de Cuba. Good one right there for the price.
Fuller to full body, go with anything Padron if you have the $. You will not be dissapointed. Tatuaje Reserva, amazing. Illusione Rothchildes is possibly my favorite stick for the price. It's around $4-5 and worth every bit. Oliva V series. Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970. Joya Red. Perdomo Double Maduro. AJ Fernandez New World.
So, those are just some suggestions based on what I like.
I smoked cigarettes for 14 years, so I feel that my palette leans towards the more full cigars, and since you're a former smoker I thought maybe my suggestions would be helpful.
Good luck finding the sticks that YOU like the best!

AuGar

AuGar
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thank you for the in sight. I have had the Perdomo before and did like it. I will take some time tonight after work to dive into the recommendations.

Thanks again!!!