What's new

Hello from the central NJ shore

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I consider myself a very amateur cigar enthusiest and try to make up for my lack of knowledge with obsessive enthusiasm. Like I do many things. I can't just learn to make pizza, no no no, I need to mill and flour myself, fully ferment the dough and cook it in my pizza oven, I'm insane. Good to be here.

Growley Monster

Proud Creator of the Imperfecto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I consider myself a very amateur cigar enthusiest and try to make up for my lack of knowledge with obsessive enthusiasm. Like I do many things. I can't just learn to make pizza, no no no, I need to mill and flour myself, fully ferment the dough and cook it in my pizza oven, I'm insane. Good to be here.
I definitely understand about jumping into the deep end. Nevertheless, try a kit, first. Leaf kits can make surprisingly good cigars, and the price is very reasonable, if you are used to paying $8 to $18 per stick at the cigar shop. Most of the leaf kits will allow you to roll average size cigars for well under $2/stick. You don't have to agonize over what tobacco to buy. It's like paint by numbers. But just because it is "dumbed down" doesn't mean you can't roll great cigars with it. Get your hand in with a kit, and enjoy some near-instant gratification before you buy a new John Deere tractor to plow up the back 40 and build a curing barn and rolling shed, or store a ton of leaf in each of 20 varieties for aging.

<EDIT> BTW, welcome, from another newbie!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Growley Monster I do already farm, this is just going to be in a bigger venue than I'm used to. I've been growing everything from Beets to Okra for 15 years now. I'm getting that John Deere either way, once I break down my wife's resistence. The curing barn, rolling shed etc. I have not thought past the growing...

I'll check out the kits :)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Central NJ shore? That could be anywhere.

LBI?