What's new

Hello from western KY

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning and hello to all. My name is Joe, and I'm still fairly new to this pursuit, and am thoroughly enjoying it. Smoked cigarettes in college to make it through midnight shifts and the campus party scene, but dropped them when I found I could not even swim a half lap anymore because of the lung power. Smoked the occasional cigar for several years, but never with any interest until this summer, when a work bud and I tried to get into it using Thompson's. Fortunately, we survived, and without letting their idiot customer service getting their claws into us, and I've since found Tampa Humidor, Famous, CI, and CBid. Also have a growing relationship with a local, small B&M who is great at directing me to some good things.

Still a little early in the game to declare favorite sticks, but I do love Fuente's 858's, in all wrappers I've tried so far :thumbsup: .

Joe

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to BOTL Joe! :waving:

My nephew is going to school at Western in Bowling Green, nice part of the country.
Thanks. Keep driving west an hour or so, and you'll find us. Western is a good school, and used to be in the OVC, which is the conference of my alma mater, Murray State. Used to have a great B'Ball AND football rivalry.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Thanks. Keep driving west an hour or so, and you'll find us. Western is a good school, and used to be in the OVC, which is the conference of my alma mater, Murray State. Used to have a great B'Ball AND football rivalry.
Yep, the Murray Racers! My brother went to MTSU, so I sort of followed the OVC rivalries when he was there many years ago.

I once spent a week in Murray as an insurance adjuster after a big hail storm beat the shit out of the town! I was an adjuster for Royal Insurance out of Nashville at the time. Nice town...good-looking girls, as I recall! :smile:

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Welcome Joe...it seems like you have established the right contacts to understand and appreciate the art of cigar smoking. Your local B&M can be a great resource and those websites are some of the best....of course along with this one!:applause: