What's new

Hello from York Cigar Crew

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
odinsmoke.jpg 0din.jpg Hello all, I am currently enjoying a CAO Black. My name is George, I am retired police. These days to earn a living I work with intellectually disabled adults, I bounce, I write, and I teach reality based self-defense. Outside of the Iron Sharpens Iron Pipe & Cigar Lounge in my basement I do most of my smoking at Hain's Pipe and Cigar in York PA. My affinity for the area an the shop (7th oldest in the US) led me to start the York Cigar Crew. We started having a Friday Night Pull at the shop the second Friday of every month. The shop is unique in that it only sells its preparatory cigars from Casta Cigars, including the 75 year old authenticated pre-embargo. There is also a roller working most of the time. Most of the stock comes from the factory in the DR.

So that is some cigar stuff. Besides that I enjoy spending time with my Bride of 23 years Lisa and the two kids we have left at home, Frank (17) and Emilie (15). Both of them are special needs. Frank had two open hearts when he was a baby and needs another one in the next few years. He was on the heart lung bypass machine for six days. As a result he now has epilepsy. Emilie is autistic, MR, legally blind and loosing her hearing. Although 15 she is on a 7 year old living and probably will stay there. She is one of six people in the world with her Chromosome abnormality so the prognosis is unknown. She loves three things; food, baby dolls, and being on the motorcycle.

Elizabeth is 20 and after two years of nursing school she said "hey, this is expensive' and joined the Navy to be a Air Traffic Controller. She graduates boot camp on the 17th of this month and then onto 20 weeks of A school in Pensacola FL. She is the fourth generation in a row to serve, first female, first Navy. Damn proud and cannot wait to burn one with her, she loves cigars.

I am retired due to PTSD and Elizabeth knew I would struggle without her so she got me Odin, my Olde English Bulldogge service dog. We have been training for about 5 months and at 7 months old he is about 6 months ahead of where he should be. I have made my living teaching people for about 20 years and it seems to have translated to dog training and I am now in training to be a trainer for Veteran Service Canines in Mt Joy PA. My entire family also does a lot of volunteer work for Veterans. Here are some pics you might enjoy. I look forward to spending time here.

Attachments

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Welcome to the community. Excellent introduction, it said a great deal.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Welcome from KY!

Great looking dog. I was searching for an Olde English Bulldogge the last time I got one, but ended up with a AmStaff. They kinda find you...

Enjoy the company here; it's a great group.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from NJ!
Thanks for the warm welcome Brothers. Where in NJ? I grew up in Broadway, Warren County. My Great Great Grandfather Francis "Hawkeye" McGrail joined the Elizabeth NJ PD in 1896. In there Detective Section Hands a pic from when he was a Detective in 1903 pictured along side 11 other detectives. It said below they were all from County Cork Ireland. Irish Welfare.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome Brothers. Where in NJ? I grew up in Broadway, Warren County. My Great Great Grandfather Francis "Hawkeye" McGrail joined the Elizabeth NJ PD in 1896. In there Detective Section Hands a pic from when he was a Detective in 1903 pictured along side 11 other detectives. It said below they were all from County Cork Ireland. Irish Welfare.
Currently in Morris county, Flanders.
I lived in Roselle Park for a spell too, right next to Elizabeth. Thankfully I think I avoided any run-ins with any of your PD kin while living there ;)

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Welcome to BOTL from San Diego! Great intro. Thanks for sharing. I have a daughter that will be having heart surgery in the next couple months. PM me if you ever want to chat.