What's new

Hello fron Central Minnesota

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself to this great forum. I discovered this board in the last few weeks as I've finally determined that I wanted to experience and learn about the pleasures of a fine cigar.

I'm starting late, at 49, but have been off cigarettes for quite some time now and decided I miss my tobacco, but wanted something I can enjoy, versus just smoking because "I need my nicotine fix".

Anyway, I'm the classic guy who over the years would buy an A&C Grenadier if I wanted a cigar and knew no better. Then, 2 months ago, I ordered some Thompson "Old Timers". Well they were better than the Grenadiers but not by much. I at least felt better that I was trying some hand-rolled cigars.

But the turning point was this week. While in Fargo on business, I stopped at a place called JT Cigarros and bought 2 Upmann Vintage Cameroon Robustos and a Macanudo Hampton Court. Have smoked both robustos and all I can say is "Wow!"

Holy smokes is there some serious difference between a quality cigar and a cheapo! I'm not at the point yet where my pallette is conditioned to discern the multitude of flavors, but I can tell something that tastes good!

I hope down the road I can contribute here like so many of you.

Thanks!

BigMak

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Hello, Welcome and yes there is a serious difference. and....you are officially on your way to the dark side.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Welcome, sorry you had to experience Thompsons. I caught a rash of heckeling at a herf I had with these guys. My wife though tshe would be "cool" and broke out the Thompsons catalog. Half the fun is trying new stuff.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, fellas,

I just hope I can afford the dark side. It's definetely calling.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Not many people can afford the dark side. We try though. Welcome aboard.

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
welcome hope you enjoy the company there are some great guys here. Were in MN are you from im going to school in menomonie wisconsin. its nice to have another mid westerner here. enjoy

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Welcome aboard ... :waving:

You'll find lots of friendly and helpful folks here who will gladly help you stimulate the economy.
Enjoy the journey!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RigilKent,

I live in Princeton. Don't you guys have some kind of football team out there?:laugh: