What's new

Hello Good People of BOTL

brainvictim

Whats going on over here?
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hello, I am fairly new to Cigar Smoking, I am 24 years old and live in Massachusetts. I came across this site while doing a seach on cigar reviews:yes: . I enjoyed reading the review on the CAO Soprano, so I decided to join. So First of, I have only smoked 2 cigars ever. The first was about 2 months ago it was an ashton, and the second was this past weekend, a friend of my sister gave me a Monte Cristo he got in London. Pictures of Cigar bands

Since the first cigar I had informed my sister, and my mom, that I would like to start a collection, so for christmas, they got me a humidor, and some cigars

Close up look

I am quite happy, since it was a very unexpected christmas gift:santa: , since my mom does not approve of smoking but she still bought me some cigars and a neat lighter. I would like to know if what I got is ok for a beginner and what other cigars do you recommend for some one starting out. I would greatly appreciate any and all help.
Thank you,
Noe "BrainVictim"

brainvictim

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for a great reception guys, I must say that the monte cristo was a nice smoke, but someone with more experience smoking cigars would of enoyed it much more than I did. The humidor was a chrstmas gift, along with all of the cigars pictured.

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
Ok new brother, since this is a new hobby, just making sure you are off the perfect start. Before you put your cigars in the humidor, did you season the humidor?

brainvictim

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
ohpus said:
Ok new brother, since this is a new hobby, just making sure you are off the perfect start. Before you put your cigars in the humidor, did you season the humidor?
I am actually reading the sticky on the humidor forum right now. My only question is what to do with the cigars for the duration of the seasoning process? How do i store them or where, so they dont get damaged?

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
here is the process....first take your smokes and put them into a zip lock and seal them shut. If they stay sealed, not to worry about them drying out. If you are concerned cut a small piece of sponge, add distilled water only to dampen it and place in bag. Do not let the spunge touch tobacco, place next to cigar tube. The whole process should only take 4-7 days. There are faster ways, but to ensure even seasoning expect a 4-7days. first use only distilled water!!!!!! Add water to the humidified device and attach to inside lid. take a shot glass and fill it half full with distilled water and place in the middle, bottom of humidor. close the lid and DO NOT OPEN for three days. Look at the humidor guage and it should be about 54-58% humidity and make sure the shot glass is still half full. Close again the lid and check in TWO days and should be about 60-62%. once it reads 65% put the smokes in and be happy!!! Also, the more cigars you have to take up air space, the easier it will be to maintain a constant humidity. I'm in the process of doing this now with my 4th humidor at hom that I got for Chanukkah! Enjoy and ask more questions.

brainvictim

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I will do that once I get home, thanks ohpus.

and thanks everyone for a great reception.