What's new

Hello! New member from belgium here!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow smokers,
I'm david, 36 years old and from belgium.
I started smoking/loving cigars about a year ago.
It was on my yearly 2 week trip to las vegas (god i love vegas) i was walking inside ceasars palace and came across casa fuente, the smell was sooooo good and i always have wanted to try a cigar.
So in i went and bought my very first cigar (a casa fuente house cigar)
the guy inside the humidor was very helpfull and after like 15 minutes of explaining everything to me, he insisted to try one of their casa fuente house cigars as he told me these were only available with them. He clipped the cigar for me and lit it!
I went back into the bar area and sat down with my cigar and ordered a mojito with it (love the mojito over there) and started smoking my cigar like a full fledged greenhorn :ccool:
It was sooooo good and almost kicked myself because i never tried it earlier!
That 2 week trip i went back to them every single day!
At the end of my trip i bought like 20 different sizes house cigars to take to belgium with me.
Back home i started reading different cigar forums and stuff and started learning all the ins and outs of the cigar world.
Now i knew i needed to buy a humidor to keep my cigars at their best, so i ordered a small humidor for like 75 singles. It was a adorini chianti medium deluxe.
It arrived at my doorstep 2 days later and prepped it like the instructions said and 24 hours later it was steady at 70% humidity. Time to put my 20 cigars in it.
And so the cigar world opened up for me.....

In the following months i bought more singles to try out and filling my humidor to the point it was completely full!
Omg what now? I learned by then that aging the cigars was a good way to get them taste even better, so i didnt want to just smoke to make room for more singles....
I decided to buy a bigger humidor (a cabinet) so i could start buying boxes from the singles i liked the most.
I hit the internet again and 5 days later my cabinet arrived.
It was just beautiful.....but a little bit dark inside! I decided to put some led light in it and a electronic humidifier.
This was like 3 moths ago and now i was ready to start buying boxes and enjoy my new hobby even more....
This is my story up until now and i hope you guys liked it.

Now some pictures of my new humidor and fillings up until now:

My new humidor:
image.jpg

My singles:
image.jpg

All cubans exept for a few illusiones in the back:
image.jpg

Bottom with the electric humidifier, a box of AB fine&rare and some more singles in tubes
image.jpg

And now, what cigars i like the most from all ive tastest so far:
Ofcourse the casa fuente house cigars, cohiba maduro, cohiba bhk,...
If i have a box of it i liked it.
I also like the illusiones a lot but we can't buy them in belgium!
That's also one of the reasons why i entered botl, there are a lot of good cigars we cant get here in belgium, so when i established a little bit of a reputation over here i maybe can start buying/trading cigars with all of you fellow lovers.

So this is my story so far and i am ready to start joining you guys and talk everything cigar related in the forums.
Dont shoot me if my english was not perfect (im from belgium remember)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome David, you have a very nice collection. Don't worry about your english, its much better than my dutch or french, depending on which part of Belgium you are in.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Welcome from NY! Great intro and that humi is beautiful where did you buy it from? I am also an illusione lover and id be happy to help you out when the time comes. Hope you enjoy the brotherhood

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
welcome from AZ, now that is a intro, glad somebody read the guidelines, when do you take your annual Vegas trip? and how the f*ck can you survive staying their so long

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome from AZ, now that is a intro, glad somebody read the guidelines, when do you take your annual Vegas trip? and how the f*ck can you survive staying their so long
Hi nas,
My annual vegas trip is from june 9 to june 23
How i do survive there so long: well, just like most of the europeans we have to fly a day (16 hours) to get there, so just going for a weekend like you americans do is out of the question for us.
i do some gambling,drinking, sightseeing, smoking, shopping, shows in the evening, tours some days, and since im a huge poker fan (small player) i also do some poker celebreties sightseeing during the WSOP.
I just love vegas so much ive been there for 2 weeks the last 6 years in a row.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from NY! Great intro and that humi is beautiful where did you buy it from? I am also an illusione lover and id be happy to help you out when the time comes. Hope you enjoy the brotherhood
I bought it from a dutch guy who makes these for a living.

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I can't imagine flying that long :banghead: I see your point... Ive been there for the wsop the last couple of years playing in the tourneys leading up to the main event, satellites, deep stack. good times

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Hallo David!

:welcome: from Minnesota USA :waving:

Thanks for the great introduction! It was really great to hear your story and thank you for posting the photos of your cabinet. It is a beautiful piece of furniture and looks even better with the lighting inside. We sure hope that you enjoy your time here!!

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hello David and :welcome: from Chattanooga. We are glad to have you join us. I know you will enjoy our website and brotherhood here.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Hello from the Jersey Shore! We took a trip to Brussels a few years back. If course it was before I was into cigars so I missed out on the Cuban goodness I could have gotten my hands on!