What's new

Help! Cigar emergency

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I need some advice and help - I opened my humi today to select a smoke and I noticed what I thought was the beginnings of plume developing - I the noticed movement and discovered to my horror that these almost microscopic white things were crawling on my cigars -

Does anyone know what this might be? Tobacco Beatles - Honestly they look like little lice or something? Help!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow - I'm glad my cigars are divided between three humidors - my concern is what causes these are my other humis at risk - did these come from a cigar? I looked up an adticle on the cigar advisor which said throw your gars away ---ooch - is there no way to save them?

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I would isolate them, maybe freeze them to kill the buggers, and check the temp and humidity levels. Not very scientific but it seems like fuzzy mites would need a fair amount of moisture to thrive.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
If they are white and really small then they sure aren't beetles.

Beetles are instatntly identifiable and pretty big relatively speaking.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Based on Todds pics they are definitely not beatles - they are almost indicernable to the naked eye. they look like little wite spots - but then you notice them crawling. they are white and almost appear fuzzy - thats the best decription I can give -I should have asked for a digital camera for Xmas -

here's a link to the Q&A I found
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Archives/CA_Show_Article/0,2322,1181,00.html