What's new

Help id'ing Cigar

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Based on the band and size it may be an Ashton Classic 898 or Maduro #30. Both are nearly 7" and 44 ring gauge.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Based on the band and size it may be an Ashton Classic 898 or Maduro #30. Both are nearly 7" and 44 ring gauge.
Compared it to 2 known cigars, and measured rg with Cigar Aficionado's app, and its 7x42 or extremely close to it.

I could possibly see 44rg and a hair under 7", but its very close

Definitely 44rg at the most, but it fits the 42rg circle in Cigar Aficionado's app perfectly, same when comparing to known Cigars, and it 6.75 and the absolute minimum, but matched perfectly with 2 known 7" cigars.
Dont really think it's a 1/4" under 7", as that would be enough to be noticeable when comparing to known 7" Cigars

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Based on manufacturer information along with the cigar itself, my vote is the Ashton Aged Maduro #30 which is listed as 44 x 6-3/4. From what I can tell, there really aren't any other cigars in the Ashton line that it could be. For piece of mind maybe take it out of the cello and actually measure it with a ruler or tape measure?

Sometimes cigars are like horseshoes and hand grenades where "close" is good enough.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Based on manufacturer information along with the cigar itself, my vote is the Ashton Aged Maduro #30 which is listed as 44 x 6-3/4. From what I can tell, there really aren't any other cigars in the Ashton line that it could be. For piece of mind maybe take it out of the cello and actually measuring it with a ruler or tape measure?

Sometimes cigars are like horseshoes and hand grenades where "close" is good enough.
Plus, some cigars will lose ring gauge with age because the water and oils evaporate. If it was measured as soon as the roller finished, there could easily be a discrepancy because leaves may be sprayed to make them pliable enough to roll.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Based on manufacturer information along with the cigar itself, my vote is the Ashton Aged Maduro #30 which is listed as 44 x 6-3/4. From what I can tell, there really aren't any other cigars in the Ashton line that it could be. For piece of mind maybe take it out of the cello and actually measuring it with a ruler or tape measure?

That's what I've got it entered in as, since its the only thing close.

Not a big deal, its just so if I like it, I know what to order.

No idea how old it is as it was part of a bomb, and I have nothing here i can measure with except other Cigars and the Cigar Aficionado app.

Others on the other forums I posted this on have also suggested that it could be a discontinued vitola since I have no idea of its age.

Even though the foot is a bit oblong like most cigars, I'm pretty confident in the 42 rg measurement by comparison and the Cigar Aficionado app rg measuring feature.

There's a bit of open space in the circle for 44rg, but right on at 42rg.

Oh well, just going to smoke it and likely enjoy it as I like most Ashtons.

If I can't get more of this exact one. Then oh well...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited: