Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 21a Brew Free or Die

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • other canned beer sold in PA?

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
So I'm going to a PSU game saturday. I'm able to bring some bottled homebrew but if I end up in the grass parking area I need cans. So I'll be swinging by the distributor to get a case of something.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Need more details...

style of beer you prefer, how quickly you'll be drinking them, and how many etc. etc. This is a football game after all...LOL!

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Dude I drink all styles. Sours, malty stouts/porters, IPAs, lagered beers. I am leaning towards Old Chub. How fast/how many isn't an issue. If I go to fast or start to get too many I recognize I need to slow it up and switch to water. So quantity and speed is not an issue.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
sorry, didn't see there was a poll up there. Only one of those I've had is the Oskar Blues Dales Pale Ale, and I can see drinking that one at a tailgater pretty easily....so that's my only choice of a vote.

It was very good IMO. Not amazing, but certainly something you could drink a bunch of, and enjoy at the same time.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Oskar Blues is good....there are a few Belgian wheat beers you could get too, also, there is Butternut who have a few good canned beers. Though they aren't rated that great, they are are better than their ratings IMO.

However, I think Oskar Blues has cornered the market here, for now. Go with those.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Damn Adam, just get a case of Oscar Blues 10 Fidy Imperial Stout (10.5% ABV) or Gubna Imperial IPA (10 ABV%)!!!!

Last edited:

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I got 3 letters for you.

PBR

That's all we drink.

Dr. Bunkenstein

aka Bunker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pilsner Urquell isn't bad out of a can but you may not find it in your typical IC Light Beer Distributor.

There is always Yuengling, I actually liked it better out of a can than a bottle.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Damn Adam, just get a case of Oscar Blues 10 Fidy Imperial Stout (10.5% ABV) or Gubna Imperial IPA (10 ABV%)!!!!
They're like $90 a case. Unfortunately here in PA there's no splitting a case up. The damn grocery store that carries six packs because they have a restaurant don't carry those beers. I'd end up paying like $25 for a six of either of those brews. I'm seriously leaning towards Old Chub the more I think about the homebrews I have. I have some Ayinger Ofest, a whole case of IPA homebrew (clone of two hearted), wit with and with out chamomile and some blond ale.

I do not not have something malty like old chub. Plus it might be the most neutral. However when I'm in the store if they have some 21a Brews I might be torn.

I'm going to drop the dog off at the kennel and grab my beer.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Well the distributor made my choice easy they ran out of the 21a Brew Free or Die IPA yesterday. So I came home with a case of Old Chub. I'll load the cooler up with some IPA, O'fest, and Wit bottles and also some cans of the Old Chub.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Well I found some Old Chub and I am haveing one now. Not sure this one is for me. Good overall I might have to try another one to make up my mind.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I drank one tonight with a LFD Salomon Maduro. I like the Old Chub and even made a beer bread with one. It's got a good malty flavor slightly smokey and really smooth.

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
I know this is a little late but I went with Oscar Blues Pale Ale. Always a good choice and they make the best canned beer I've ever had. Gubna is a good one too but a bit pricey. A friend had both 21st amendment beers the other weekend and I tried both.... gross

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
What was gross about the 21a beers? I was actually looking forward to trying one. My friend that works at the distributor was talking them up and she likes IPAs like my wife and I do.