What's new

Help me pick my next box

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking to try something different. Box price of around $200. Med to full body. Robusto or Belicoso. Not a limited edition (want to be able to order again if i really like it) or something the needs to age for 2-3 years (6 months is fine). Love the sweeter side vs real spicy. What can you guys recommend. Thanks in advance

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
My Father "Flor de las Antillas" Belicoso. One of my new favorites!

EDIT: Sorry, these aren't Habanos, I just realized I was in the Habanos section!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have the Undercrown, enjoyable smoke. Haven't tried that specific My Father so I will put it on the list. Was looking for some Cuban suggestions, but always appreciate input. Thanks

pmd

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You might take a look at Sumatra wrappers. They tend to be a bit sweeter than maduros IMHO. Hoya De Monterrey Dark Sumatras have been in and out of my rotation for some time and I think they're great. Try a 5'er and see what you think..

Ha! That'll teach me to read the whole post first. I didn't catch that it was in the Habanos sections either.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Were talking about Habanos here right?

Then my recomendation from what it sounds like you are looking for is:

Vegas Robaina Unicos:drool:

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
VR Famosos or RYJ Short Churchills
2nd on RyJ Short Churchills

I think VR's need more age than he's willing to put into them. 3-6 years and a VR is superb, but I'm not a real fan of them young.

RASS and PSD4's are both very good ROTT. Might also try Monte #4's and Trinidad Reyes.

Not willing to age really narrows the choices for CC's. :(

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
HdM epi 2's. I usually don't have any trouble finding boxes with a year or two on them. They're much better around 5 years but IMO they are still excellent with a year or two.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I might suggest a lot of things... but you said you don't want to age them for a few years...... IMHO, that cuts out most tasty sticks in that size and price range. Look for a vendor that already sells stock with some age... and then I might suggest 15 Coros or full boxes of Mag46, Monte4, Erdm Choix, or VR Famosos...
I second those Monte 4s and Monte 2 and ERDM CS.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks everyone for the great replys. Will let you know where I net out. Trouble I have with aging is I can't keep them around long enough. Don't have the funds to invest to put them on the shelf. While agree, it really helps (have some early 2000 LEs that's are smoking great), just burn through them too quickly.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
r&j coronitas en cedro are a mighty tasty sweeter habano
plus you get a doubled up 2x25 box for two hundy
so you taste, age, and see the difference.
:ccowboy: