What's new

Help some Kids and win a box of Opus Love Affairs

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ok Gents. It is that time of year again. [ame=http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=26011]Every spring[/ame] I do fundraising for the Ride for Kids. The Ride for Kids raises money every year for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation of the US. Last year was great, I raised over $3000 for the second year in a row. A recap of last year’s event can be seen here: http://mattscigar.com/2009/05/04/ride-for-kids-2009-recap-the-winners/. BOTL's own EODCole was one of my lucky winners last year. Thanks again Adam.

This year I have enlisted the help of CigarsDirect.com, Sam Leccia, and Empire Cigars of Raleigh to help me raise some money. I am even throwing in some prizes from my personal stash. My goal this year is even bigger than it has been in the past. I want to raise $5000 this year and become a Ride for Kids Champion. If I can do it, I'll have a chance at the event to get up on stage and talk about my fund raising efforts and will have a chance to tell 750+ people how generous the cigar community really is. With a goal this large I really need every dime I can get so please help if you can. You may just win some sweet cigars in the process.

A $10 donation to a great cause gets you entered into a drawing to win one of these prizes. The cigars that are up for grabs are the following:

* 1 box of Fuente Opus X Love Affairs provided by CigarsDirect.com
* 1 Box of Fuente Hemingway Short Stories provided by CigarsDirect.com
* 1 Box of NUB Cameroon 466BPT provided by Sam Leccia & Empire Cigars
* 1 Cain F 5 Stick Sampler box provided by Sam Leccia & Empire Cigars
* A five pack Tatuaje Sampler* incl. “The Frank” from my personal stash
* A five pack of OPUS xXx Power Rangers from my personal stash
* A five pack of Oliva Serie V Belicosos from my personal stash

Every $10 you donate gets you one entry and $50 will get you seven. Please visit my blog at http://mattscigar.com/2010/03/13/rfk2010/ to get all the details and to learn more about the Ride for Kids. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully to make sure your name gets into the drawing. It's a chance to win some really great cigars and support a really great cause in the process.

All donations must be made by April 28th to be included in the drawing. Winners will be announced on May 3rd after the Ride. The Ride is at Jordan Lake in North Carolina on May 2nd.

Thanks guys, for all your help and support. And be sure to thank and support the generous businesses that have helped out and donated the cigars. Billy Ferriolo of CigarsDirect.com, Sam Leccia and Oliva Cigars, and Hal "the Lord of Ligero" Rubin at Empire Cigars in Raleigh, NC.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I stumbled across your deal yesterday in my Google search of Opus X Love Affairs....still looking...maybe, just maybe I might win a box :)

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks Larry. Off to a decent start, but $5000 is a big number and a long way off. I'm a little nervous about it. Can use all the help I can get. There are power in numbers. A $10 donation seems small compared to my goal, but if enough people can spare the dime, it starts to add up real quick. I appreciate the support I have already gotten as well as all the support that is yet to come. :thumbsup:

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I put the information up on my Face Book as well. Good luck Matt at reaching your goal. I am sure all of our brothers here will help out in there own way.

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks guys. We're moving along nicely but still have a log way to get to $5000. I appreciate all the help. I'm trying to scrape up one or two more prizes if I can manage it. Nothing for sure yet, but I'll announce it here and on the blog if I do add any.