What's new

Help!! Thanksgiving Veggie Dish Needed.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Candied yams!

Super easy. You can also use sweet potatoes if you prefer.

Super DUPER easy method: buy pre-made mashed sweet potatoes (Bob Evan's are great) from the store, put them in an pan. For the topping, chop up some pecans, to which you add a mixture of melted butter and brown sugar (just do it to taste--if you like a lot of nuts, add more).

This topping tastes sorta like pecan pie :) Some people add melted marshmallows on top, but I don't.

Bake that sucker for 10-15 minutes (just to get it hot and gooey).

Defrickinlicious!

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well, for dinner at Shmear's, I'll be taking among others, some sautéed sweet potatoes with cheries and bacon (not as hard as it might sound), where ye basically chop 1 pound of bacon and partially cook it in a large sauté pan; then ye remove the bacon (leave the grease), peel and dice 3 large sweet potatoes which ye'll cook in the pan over medium-high heat until soft (stir frequently). Then, add 2 minced shallots, the bacon and 12 ounces of sweet cherries and sauté until the shallots are translucent and the bacon is crispy. To finish, toss in 2 tblsp. chopped parsley and season.
If ye'd like another recipe, let me know what ye'd like it to have (more or less) and I might have several others for ye.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Nothing beats celery with cheese in it.

Cut the celery into 4" strips and squirt cheese whiz down the middle of the stick. It's quick, simple, and delicious. :stretchgr

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Agreed Rigil, make sure you cook the beans till their limp. That way they lose most of the nutritional value.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Well, for dinner at Shmear's, I'll be taking among others, some sautéed sweet potatoes with cheries and bacon (not as hard as it might sound), where ye basically chop 1 pound of bacon and partially cook it in a large sauté pan; then ye remove the bacon (leave the grease), peel and dice 3 large sweet potatoes which ye'll cook in the pan over medium-high heat until soft (stir frequently). Then, add 2 minced shallots, the bacon and 12 ounces of sweet cherries and sauté until the shallots are translucent and the bacon is crispy. To finish, toss in 2 tblsp. chopped parsley and season.
If ye'd like another recipe, let me know what ye'd like it to have (more or less) and I might have several others for ye.
I assume one would chop the bacon and then add it? Are the cherries fresh or candied? This sounds like a great dish!

themoneycollector

Ermagherd Sergarse
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
sounds good moro. Green bean casserole is always good. as said
This is a simple and great side to make.

1 can of green beans
1 can of cream of mushroom

mix, add salt & pepper to taste, top with fried onions, and bake at 350 for about 30 mins. covered in foil.

*disclaimer, I'm saying this from the top of my head :rolling:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is a simple and great side to make.

1 can of green beans
1 can of cream of mushroom

mix, add salt & pepper to taste, top with fried onions, and bake at 350 for about 30 mins. covered in foil.

*disclaimer, I'm saying this from the top of my head :rolling:
You forgot the fried onions from the can that go on top before baking. And I think there's a recipie on th e can.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Of course you could always take a can of cranberry sauce and pour it on a saucer. I went to a dinner where they did that once, and left it in the shape of the can. Tres elegante!