What's new

Help with a Montecristo No. 2

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Gents

What are your thoughts on these monte. no. 2s? I would appreciate any feedback as I am not good enough to make judgement yet!

Thank you!

monte.jpg

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
As already said, source will tell you most of what you need to know.

Just looking at the cigars, it's hard to tell from the picture. But, there are some major veins sticking out of a couple of those cigars. Sure cigars can have thick veins, but a couple of those are pretty bad.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Take a pic of where the band is bonded as well.

I've noticed fake bands sometimes the design stops short on the underlap or goes all the way to the end on the overlap. From what I've seen the underlapping design gets covered before it ends. I keep the middle one which i know to be counterfeit for reference. It's about 3-4 years old lol should be smokin good now huh?
you can probably see the difference here as well in color and logo is lightly embossed. This band ran through 2012 and these are all monte #2 the two on the outside from a 2012 box. Much easier to do side by side. And as they say source counts for a lot. A friend had a friend with a hookup on the middle one. Hope that helps and some is from personal observation if any thing is wrong please correct me.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sorry for the delay.

Here are some more pics I took.

Last pic they are next to a cubao maduro for reference.

Thanks for all your help, let me know what you think

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Agree on the bands lightly embossed and you can really see it from the back. But (and it could be the pic) the sticks don't look uniform in length. Did u get these in a box? If u did and from a reliable source i wouldn't worry. Actually that begs the question why do you question them

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sorry for the delay.

Thanks for all your help, let me know what you think
Are they all different lengths or is it because of the camera angle?

Where in socal are you located?
Located about 10 minutes from Malibu. What about you??

They are all same length, just camera angle.

Unfortunately I need to find out the year will ask. I assume they are recent...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Agree on the bands lightly embossed and you can really see it from the back. But (and it could be the pic) the sticks don't look uniform in length. Did u get these in a box? If u did and from a reliable source i wouldn't worry. Actually that begs the question why do you question them
Nope not from a box. And yes sticks are all same length. The guy who got them had one and thought it wasn't like it should be... Idk maybe they need to rest for a week or so? Originally in pics they looked a lot darker and really rough to me with some of the tapered heads bein a little crooked. Also aren't they supposed to have a slight box press near the foot?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Send one to a respectable, experienced brother to smoke. You'll get an answer right quick.