What's new

Help with a P.O.S.

Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I need some help Please! I am acquiring a cigar lounge here in New York. I need to buy or lease a P.O.S. Can someone be able to point me in the right direction? I am looking for one that has a preloaded cigar inventory if there is such a thing.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I think you are going to be hard pressed to find a POS with preloaded inventory and it be accurate for cost and retail pricing. Personally I would rather build from scratch for my business than try to clean up a database of existing items. Either way it is a ton of work. We use Microsoft RMS which is great for multiple locations.

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
POS??? In the south that's 'piece of shit'.
Just curious. Trying to learn these shortcuts

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I think you are going to be hard pressed to find a POS with preloaded inventory and it be accurate for cost and retail pricing. Personally I would rather build from scratch for my business than try to clean up a database of existing items. Either way it is a ton of work. We use Microsoft RMS which is great for multiple locations.
RMS doesn't suck, actually. and we did actually buy a database off another booze merchant in the area when we finally went to scanning (where item descriptors and properties were in place, but the pricing was not); while it did help jump start things, between ALL the items needing to be price changed, ALL the shit that wasn't in prior, and ALL the stupid contractions used as item descriptors, items in the wrong (for us) inventory category, and other "creative differences", it would have been better to use a fresh start.

and, rev, while you do get partial credit (especially when the program acts up!), this is a reference to a Point Of Sale program. o)

Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Thanks everyone. I was just wondering if there was a short cut, and wondering what everyone was using for a Point of Sale. Again thanks for the feed back.