What's new

Help with loghters

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a handful of torches that I haven't used in a while and they are giving me some hastle.

They all have a good amount of butane in them and for the most part have just been sitting still. I have two in vehicles that I checked and are also not working. I have used two different types of butane fuel randomly in the lighters. The ones that will light, are lacking the torch affect and are simply flickering like Bic lighters.

Any advice on how to remedy and prevent this from occurring in the future?

Thanks

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Have you tried to purge them to get out all of the unwanted Oxygen ? When ever mine start acting up it is the first thing I try and 99% of the time that is all it takes. I like to use a very small phillips to release the oxygen until I start getting some butane. Then I fill and do it again and some times even a third time.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
When your torch is acting more like a bic it means your burners are dirty. You can clean them with xikar butane by just bursting some into the burners, and blowing it dry or hitting it with some canned air. That's usually the problem when customers bring me lighters that act like a bic or won't light at all.
After a while, the tank will also lose some pressure and you'll have to remove the stop on the adjuster and raise your max pressure, but that's only if you have a very small torch when it's turned all the way up. Also, make sure you can see a spark going to the burner when you click the igniter, sometimes you have to move the sparker around.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
You purged the burners with the butane and compressed air? If you still have a soft flame, let it get up to room temp and try it again

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Which brand(s) of lighters are they?? If they're Xikar, you can try to mail them back to customer service, empty of course, hopefully it can be fixed or at least replaced with another should the suggestions in the posts above not work for you.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Which brand(s) of lighters are they?? If they're Xikar, you can try to mail them back to customer service, empty of course, hopefully it can be fixed or at least replaced with another should the suggestions in the posts above not work for you.
Couple different brands, two are xikar
The majority of them were from a cigars international grab bag.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Couple different brands, two are xikar
The majority of them were from a cigars international grab bag.
If the Xikar ones are giving you issues, send them back to Xikar and let them check them out for you. Lifetime warranty.

I'm just not sure how to start the process for it since I haven't had to do that for any of their products yet.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Xikar's warranty is top notch. I own three of their lighters, and one is a CI grab bag special, that only lasted a month or so. IMHO, they are so-so lighters with an awesome warranty. Send them in, and you'll get it repaired, or a new one sent out in a couple of weeks. Like the others have said, use good butane. Ronson butane will kill them fast. Way too dirty

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
If the Xikar ones are giving you issues, send them back to Xikar and let them check them out for you. Lifetime warranty.

I'm just not sure how to start the process for it since I haven't had to do that for any of their products yet.
Go to their website and print out a warranty slip. Send it with the lighter to them. Easy