What's new

HELP!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My wife and I got put in charge of managing a new small convenience store in town. I'm going to be selling cigars along with other tobacco here. I just want some ideas of what cigars I should sell here.

Sent from my backyard using smoke signals

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
sadly, your best bet would be selling cheap brands that people know the names of like RYJ, cohiba and the like. not great cigars, but the kind of person who goes to a convenience store to buy cigars probably doesnt know anything about them and will go for those brands first

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Try to find some cigar bundles with no bands that would have a good margin return for the store. Theres a shit ton out there but I'm sure you can some blends that are decent. Id say get a bundle of each size and offer those are budget friendly quick grab smokes

then also what pickles said, any brand that sounds cuban should catch their attention

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Macanudo ascot tins arent half bad for a retail stick. Drew estate and joya de nicaragua also market virtualy all of there sticks in a tin. iMo tin cigars are great for beginners and the curious.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
They had some Arturo Fuentes and some nubs for sale at one point during the summer. I just want a better selection. the humidor they had them in has a hydrometer built into it and they had the cigars resting at about 50 rh. I almost slapped the person behind the counter.

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Something to add to y’alls input

Where we live there is no B&M whatsoever and the only way to get here is by plane or boat. Also there are really two seasons, one that lasts about 9 months where there might be 1,000 people here and the other that lasts about 3 months where we have 10-15,000 people here. So there are some interesting dynamics at work.

Sent from Area 51 using telepathy

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
There are a couple "convenient stores" near me that I frequent because they have hard to find sticks from time to time, but establish a customer base that demands it first.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
sadly, your best bet would be selling cheap brands that people know the names of like RYJ, cohiba and the like. not great cigars, but the kind of person who goes to a convenience store to buy cigars probably doesnt know anything about them and will go for those brands first
I’d say go with a cheaper brand like @squaresoft suggested. Most serious smokers traveling to Alaska will be bringing smokes with them. Most customers, I would think, would be casual smoking covinience store people that wouldn’t know the difference or someone that ran out & is just happy to find cigars in Alaska!!!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea, I think you need to know your customer. Historically convenience stores have sold inexpensive machine rolled cigars, especially flavored cigars that come in their own sealed packages. Put a few "good cigars" in the humidor and see what happens, but buy something you want to smoke just in case they do not move. If you see people looking through the humidor ask them what they would like to see in stock.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I'd say get some Acid Blondies in there. They're in every convienience store that sells cigars in PA. If they didn't sell, they wouldn't be there.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've been searching the interwebs for cheap but decent cigar samplers I could order. All of your suggestions have been helpful. Gonna talk to the bossman tomorrow and get a confirmation on what I'm gonna buy.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I've been searching the interwebs for cheap but decent cigar samplers I could order. All of your suggestions have been helpful. Gonna talk to the bossman tomorrow and get a confirmation on what I'm gonna buy.

Are you allowed to buy from online retailers and then resell them in the store, or do you have to go through some kind of approved distributor?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Are you allowed to buy from online retailers and then resell them in the store, or do you have to go through some kind of approved distributor?
I talked to my boss and he told me to go through the distributor they use for cigarettes and chew. I'm gonna see what they got today when I set up an account