What's new

Hemingway Signature (natural wrapper)

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Wrapper: Cammie
Size: 6" x 47
MSRP: $6.10
Total smoke time: approx 45 minutes

This is one of the few cigars I've smoked recently. Nice medium-dark brown wrapper that is characteristic of the Hemingway line. I had inspected it closely before I stuck it in my 3 finger travel case. The veins on the wrapper were feint, not too pronounced. The entire cigar had a nice level of firmness. Not too hard, not too spongy.

I clipped and lit as I walked down a hill to the Rose Bowl to watch Texas play Michigan on 1/1. Even with a small breeze it was easy to get the small foot lit. Nice and even burn after the light. Stayed that way throughout the whole cigar.

The initial taste was spicy and peppery, if not moderately strong. Within a few puffs, it had calmed down and was just right. The pepperiness was now a distant second to the tanginess of the other spice flavors. The draw was nearly perfect.

There was plenty of smoke coming from the foot and each breath produced a large volume. That stayed constant til the end.

The burn stayed straight and true from start to finish. Normally, I prefer to have something to drink with a cigar (usually bourbon.) I was not drinking anything at the time and did not mind. The spiciness of the cigar was not overpowering.

I darn near nubbed this one. Only begrudgingly, did I sit it down to burn out.

I am a big fan of the whole Fuente family of cigars. Others can chase down the Opus or Anejos. They're both mighty tasty. But bang for the buck the Hemingway line is my choice.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Great review and nothing I can add to it. I smoked one of these this morning with a freshly ground cup of coffee. It was superb. I have had these sitting in my humidor for about five months and they are wonderful. For an NC, I think this is truly one of the great values available in a premium stick. Even though I am falling further and further into the darkness, :glassesgr I still enjoy these from time to time and today was no exception.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Great review! I enjoy them as well. I never over pay for my Anjeo. MSRP for me!