What's new

Henry Clay Tattoo Review

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437796799.821176.jpg
Pre light there is a pleasantly sweet aroma to the nose. I have nose fucked this cigar enough to make darkman proud and it has a molasses of sorts to it I just can't place. Minimal veins and packed tight like a can of sardines with tobacco. Seriously, I had to refill my lighter getting this log lit!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437796819.986760.jpg
Took a few touch ups right out of the gate for an even burn, but I saw that coming due to the density of the cigar. Flavor is on point and very familiar, but not Tatuaje familiar per say. I can't quite place it, but very enjoyable. Draw is a little firm, but yet producing a good amount of smoke.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437796834.154610.jpg
Second third the flavor is good with hints of cedar and spice but draw is a bit tight. The densely packed tobacco is making me draw a little more often than I would like. Double puffs with longer rest seem to keep the cigar going.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437797059.056331.jpg
As I got towards the end of the second third I can only assume I got through the tobacco "knot" that had my jaws feeling like a hooker on nickel night. Burn line is right and smoke is pluming as it should be. Cedar and pepper with a wicked burn to the retrohale.

Final thoughts... Man this cigar has so much potential. Really wish they would have pulled a half a leaf here and a half a leaf there to help with the draw. As I thought about the cigar it reminds me of.... Dare I say... it had flavors reminiscent of The Frank. I think some down time may help the burn/draw. Once it finally opened up it was a fucking great cigar. Final burn time, 1 hour 45 minutes.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was wondering about these. I actually picked up a few old Henry Clays just to refresh my mind of what they were like.

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
[/QUOTE] As I got towards the end of the second third I can only assume I got through the tobacco "knot" that had my jaws feeling like a hooker on nickel night. Burn line is right and smoke is pluming as it should be. Cedar and pepper with a wicked burn to the retrohale.

Final thoughts... Man this cigar has so much potential. Really wish they would have pulled a half a leaf here and a half a leaf there to help with the draw. As I thought about the cigar it reminds me of.... Dare I say... it had flavors reminiscent of The Frank. I think some down time may help the burn/draw. Once it finally opened up it was a fucking great cigar. Final burn time, 1 hour 45 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Might be one of the best reviews lines I have ever read. Well played Craig.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nice review! Any clue where to find these? Id love to grab a 5er to sample but can only find boxes for sale and can't run a split at the moment.