What's new

Herfcastin' Noobie Greetings!

Dogwatch Dale

Herfcastin' BotL
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello to all those I recognize and greetings to my new brothers & sisters of the leaf! I've been lurking for the past week, and I like the lay of the land so far. Since finding cigar forums on the net a little over a year ago, I hang out on a couple others quite a bit. Perhaps BOTL will become another cigar home!

My name is Dale, and although I'm a newb on BOTL, I've been smoking 'gars for over twenty years. My tastes vary quite a bit. I smoke a lot of boutique cigars, many of the big name NC's and love many Habanos. I also smoke my pipes a bit and prefer english blends and virginia flakes. I'm barely still on the south side of 50 yrs young.

As for more boring details, my wife & I live in northern Colorado and have a 24 yr old son who is also a cigar & pipe smoker. He's getting married next year, so my cigar budget has been cut a bit for the short term. My other passions are firearms, woodworking, scuba diving and sailing. I have a 700 bottle wine cellar with one area set aside for my scotch & ports. The garage is currently a mess while I finish building a new cabinet humi with a matching pipe cabinet that will hang above it. If I'm not in the garage, you might find me on my sailboat, out hunting or drooling over a new handgun, usually with a stogie in my mouth!

My co-host Bob & I produce a weekly cigar podcast, the Dogwatch Social Club. We have been doing that for almost 18 months now and were the first (as far as we can tell) cigar podcast on the net. We are still the leader in the genre and our shows are downloaded over 12,000 times per month & are heard in over 40 countries. We strive to be laid back and maintain a "no snob" policy about our passion. No matter where your cigar comes from, how much or little it costs or if it's a household name or a no-name stick, we believe you should "smoke it if you got it" and not worry about what everyone else thinks.

Well, enough of that - it's not my intention to be advertizing, just letting you know. I do still consider myself a noobie and always will. There is so much to learn about the cigar industry that very few folks will ever really get to be what I refer to as a true FOG. I can only hope to live long enough to get close! I'll chime in from time to time if the mood stikes or the conversation is good. You won't see me responding to every post though. I strongly believe in keeping my mouth shut and my brain open.

I look forward to lively, civil and fun interactions here at BOTL. :dance:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Welcome Dale! I listen every week and I won your contest this week for the European Cigar Cult Journal!

Dogwatch Dale

Herfcastin' BotL
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's about freaking time!

~M
Yeah, ...well.....Ok.......

I had to juggle my work schedule to make time to fit another board in my day! You know, a half hour here, an hour there...pretty soon my boss is wondering why I'm not getting anything done!

Thanks to all so far for the warm welcome. Mark, get back to shipping those Pucks!

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Welcome Dale. I feel like I know you and Bob as well as anyone else I hang around with...I love to drive and listen to several shows during a trip. Good to see ya here. You will love the place, I promise.

later,