What's new

Hey from Long Island

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. A newbie to BOTL so I thought I'd drop bye and introduce myself. I was fortunate to meet about 25-30 guys from here at the HERF yesterday at Maxwell and Dunne's; also ran into some buddies from the Cigar Pass HERF we had there in July.

As many of you know I am the Director of Wine, Cigars and Marketing at Maxwell and Dunne's (Churchill's Cigar Lounge) in Plainview. So anyone who ever needs a good place to hang and HERF just let me know and we'll make it happen. You can check it out at www.mdsteakhouse.com

I personally am a big fan of more powerful smokes such as CAO Brazilia, La Flor Double and Triple Ligero, Rocky Patel, VSG Illusion - way too many to list here that's for sure.

One great thing about my job is that I have the oppty to try every cigar on the market plus taste 'em before they become publicly available. I'll try and give you guys a heads-up when I can as well as post any and all upcoming cigar events.

We have Rocky Patel Night on Nov 20 with Rocky himself being there in person. We will also have Cigar Tasting Parties one Friday every month starting in a few weeks; just check the site for more details.

Glad to be here and I look forward to chatting with everyone. :waving:

dre

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome, I only beat you here by a day. What kind of wine program do you have at the shop?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I personally am a big fan of more powerful smokes such as CAO Brazilia, La Flor Double and Triple Ligero, Rocky Patel, VSG Illusion - way too many to list here that's for sure.

. :waving:
All greta cigars. Welcome to BOTL from sunny California:dance: :dance:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Welcome to the board! What a place you have out there on the island. Only an hour and a half from me. I'll be there again soon.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am only there about 3 weeks but I am in the process of revamping the bottle and by the glass program. We have about 100 bottles, mainly Calif Cabs and Chards. I am expanding it to about 125-135 bottles and getting rid of some of the fluff wines.

I am adding varietals from Chile, Spain, Burgundy (White and Red), Rhone, Bordeaux, German Rieslings, Barolos, Nebbiolos, Tempranillos plus some high end Cognacs, single malts, and vintage ports for the cigar lounge. The by the glass program is being expanded to about 40 options, 65% red.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Welcome Ben
Glad to see you here.

Pardon the delay but it was nice meeting you at MD. Glad to know a brother is running the place. I was with Scott and we were talking about the CAO Sopranos. You showed us a box.

Hey everyone. A newbie to BOTL so I thought I'd drop bye and introduce myself. I was fortunate to meet about 25-30 guys from here at the HERF yesterday at Maxwell and Dunne's; also ran into some buddies from the Cigar Pass HERF we had there in July.

As many of you know I am the Director of Wine, Cigars and Marketing at Maxwell and Dunne's (Churchill's Cigar Lounge) in Plainview. So anyone who ever needs a good place to hang and HERF just let me know and we'll make it happen. You can check it out at www.mdsteakhouse.com

One great thing about my job is that I have the oppty to try every cigar on the market plus taste 'em before they become publicly available. I'll try and give you guys a heads-up when I can as well as post any and all upcoming cigar events.

We have Rocky Patel Night on Nov 20 with Rocky himself being there in person. We will also have Cigar Tasting Parties one Friday every month starting in a few weeks; just check the site for more details.

Glad to be here and I look forward to chatting with everyone. :waving: