What's new

Hey from Norcal,

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
New to the forum, been lurkin for a bit-must admit. Just scored an Avanti 30 btl. fridge, and want to convert it to a fridgeador. If I disable the cooling system, wouldn't this make a great humi? Sure looks cool.

Anyway, great forum-Thanks.........

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
. If I disable the cooling system, wouldn't this make a great humi?

Anyway, great forum-Thanks.........

Welcome. I just set up my wine cooler as well. I have an Ewave 30 bottle. I just sent you a pm as to how i set mine up. The link below is to a thermastat controller so you canuse the cooling system at warmer temps.

http://www.infraredheaters.com/a19bag-1.htm

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Welcome to BOTL ... :waving:

Lots of folks use wine coolers as cigar humidors in the warmer climates. It's not too bad here in N. Calif - depending on where you live, the cooling part might not be needed much at all during the year. Even so, I wouldn't mess with the system itself - just don't plug it in during the cool months. That way if you want to sell the unit someday or use it for wine, it will be an easy process.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Welcome aboard, I used to live in Northern Cal My self, Near Chico, so where u from ??? Enjoy this group..........

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Bro I have a 28 bottle wine cooler, I love mine. I don't even need to have it plugged in right now. I just have the fns moving air around. My house is at 65 degree's. It's nice right now. Bro if you have questions PM me I can help you out.