What's new

Hey guys...guess who is BACK!!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hey guys...you know, sometimes in life, life gets in your way and you lose sight of what and who is important to you. That just happened to me. I signed on today and saw that I haven't been here since November...not good. And to think that I haven't smoked one cigar since then.

Actually had ALL of my cigars confiscated at my job (which I am leaving this week, BTW). Said I couldn't smoke them in the truck because it violated some states "Smoking in the workplace" laws. :grinFU::grinFU:

Well, that violates my rights and I am now leaving the company and taking a job here at home back in sales.

Either way, Im about to go buy a few cigars and enjoy them IN THE TRUCK before I turn it in. Screw em. They took about 50 cigars from me and I am sure that some higher up enjoyed them. Said I could get em back when I left the company, but that was before Christmas...they will be dog rockets by now.

Anyway, enough bout that...Im back in the saddle, brethren...Gotta build my stash back up, but Ill get there slowly but surely. Cant wait to get a Don Pepin today...Gonna be around here a LOT more from now as my life is back on track and I am ready to move forward...Driving that truck was wearing me out mentally AND physically. Things are much better and will only continue to improve!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Damn glad to see you have come back home my brother! :thumbsup:

....make sure you screw them bastids real good before you leave the company!! :angryteet

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Oh, not only am I gonna hit these don Pepin's in the truck, I might light a White Owl and just let it burn in the ashtray afterwards and really stink it up for em. LOL

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Welcome back, brother. Glad to hear things are looking up for ya.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Welcome back man, didn't know a company could confiscate personal property. Well stick it too em good, forget the white owl get you an acid cigar that will show em.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Welcome back! Glad the future is looking better for ya!

As an aside, how the hell could the confiscate your cigars, is that not considered theft? It was your property after all. And what the hell is with "You can get them back when you leave the company" is this elementary school???

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
GP...it was more of, We will keep them here until you can transport them or ship them home...I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. No way to ship them and just left them there. They are surely ruined by now.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I honestly think it was an overzealous terminal worker. Late at night, didn't have anyone to complain to until Monday. I was long gone by then. Doesn't matter, Im done with them anyway. Didn't have any expensive ones in there so I really didn't lose much. Just everyday smokes that I bought at a bargain at a B&M. Bundled together. I would have raised cain had there been a Padron or Pepin in the bunch.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Really? no smoking in trucks? The hell is the world coming to?

I use to help my father out on the oil trucks delivering heating oil when I was little and he would smoke a cigar in the oil truck.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I drive locally here in wi. I don't have any problems with the company I work for. I must say that really sucks. I used to work for Schneider, I also had my humidor with me.

Good luck with the néw job!

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Cigars rehydrate. When you get them back, give them some time in the Humidor and start testing them....

I've brought many a friends' cigar back from being an otherwise rotting corpse...
Agreed, but the original post was from almost 5 years ago. Might be too late now. . .