What's new

Hey guys need some help on a humi

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have a 100 count humi now, same as everyone it's overflowing. I need either a large on or another desktop. I bought my first from thecigarstore.com. Great quality humi. looking to go better this next time around though. Any good ideas on where to look for 150 count or higher humi's that are well made and attractive?

Donk

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
i have a 100 ct that i got from cuban crafters, but they had some pretty nice larger ones on their site.
i also have a 300 ct that i got from thompsons for like $129. it sure looks pretty sitting on my coffee table.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Donk, how fast are they filling up and what are your buying habits? Those two questions will at least help narrow down how big you should go.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Donk, how fast are they filling up and what are your buying habits? Those two questions will at least help narrow down how big you should go.
Absolutely right JW. You can end up with dozens of 100 counts. If you buy by the box...a cooler may be in order. Easy to do, lots of fun filling. Keep the nice desk tops for the office and singles.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I would say get a cooler if you're filling up very fast. If not a good size humidor might be in order...

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
the first humi filled in about 3 weeks. I buy all the time and smoke 2 a day. I'm over flowing now and need to get ready for the christmas season, More Cigars!!!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Donk, if you are buying more singles/samplers than you are boxes, or you split the boxes you buy, then try the following:

The Vault

or

The Vicksburg

Both are approx. 500 count humidors and I know Todd can comment on the Vicksburg. Both are under $150 and will hold 5 times what your current humi holds.

If you are constantly buying full boxes, you really need to look at a cooler. Good luck!

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
How about this for a thought, I have a beautiful hope chest that my sister let me have. It is already cedar lined, although I'd add another Spanish cedar lining to it to be safe. And use that as my future humi. Made some storage boxes out of cedar for single stixs and plenty of room for my next plan to buy full boxes. what are you guy's thoughts?

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
How about this for a thought, I have a beautiful hope chest that my sister let me have. It is already cedar lined, although I'd add another Spanish cedar lining to it to be safe. And use that as my future humi. Made some storage boxes out of cedar for single stixs and plenty of room for my next plan to buy full boxes. what are you guy's thoughts?
My inital thought is that if it's a hope chest, it is most likely lined with AROMATIC cedar and not spanish cedar.

I don't know how much you know about the two but aromatic cedar is a big no-no!

It sound not have a strong cedar smell at all (aromatic also have big grains, spanish cedar has near to none as it really is a mahogany and not a cedar)

~M

jfsjazz

Don Lupini
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Donk,

If you know what humidor you want, you can get some great deals on Ebay. I've done it twice with great success. You have to know what you want; check out the dealer (not individuals); and be patient. I have two great humidors that I acquired this way, and stole them both - well worth the effort.

Good luck!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Get the vault.

You will be able to store some boxes in that one. It also has a singles tray for the loose ones.

Go Large !!!