What's new

Hey there!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I've been lurking for a few weeks now reading through threads and finally decided to join and start posting. My name is Peter, I'm from central Virginia. I got into cigars about one year ago after smoking one at a friend's wedding. It was a Romeo y Julieta, which admittedly wasn't all that great. Maybe I just didn't have the palate to appreciate it or maybe it was still sick (I think the guy who brought them had just bought the box that week). In any event, I liked the idea of smoking cigars and started going to my local B & M and getting the owner to recommend me various sticks. I started out really liking Rocky Patel Decade and Old World Reserve Corojo, they also had some awesome Griffin Maduros at that shop that were aged several years (dark brown cello), also really liked Joya de Nicaragua Antano, and Aroma de Cubas. Then I discovered ordering online and how much you can save keeping any eye out for deals. CAS had begun and now I'm the proud owner of a lot of cigars. Anyway I really latched onto cigars since I have always liked smoking, and also really enjoy the world of flavors and scents, especially odd and unique ones. I've ordered so much since I realized how much age on a cigar makes it so much better. I wanted to have stuff to smoke in the mean time, but also have some stuff sitting in the cooler getting some age on it. Personally, I'm in my early thirties and enjoy gardening, music, working on cars, landscaping, and tree work.

Here's a few pics of my cigar storage setups. I mostly smoke out of the wooden humidor, and the cooler is for overflow/longer term storage. I buy mostly online, but also go to the B & M to get singles of things I want to try and hang out / smoke. At home I only smoke outside on the porch or back yard.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Welcome from STL! Be careful buying too much for the purposes of aging if you’re still early in your cigar journey, especially when it comes to buying boxes - many of us have done that, only to realize later that things we enjoyed early on, didn’t really flip our wigs anymore after a while - it’s a huge world of cigars out there, smoke them all!

Especially that AB Coyol sitting at the top of your cooler - if you haven’t tried one yet, do it now and thank me later :cool:

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Welcome to BOTL from Minnesota @Mountain_Cat :giggle:

Great introduction! it sounds like we have a very similar palate. The cigars you mention are/ were all favorites of mine at some point. Now they are just a occasional walk down memory lane for me however I still enjoy all of them from time to time. (y)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from STL! Be careful buying too much for the purposes of aging if you’re still early in your cigar journey, especially when it comes to buying boxes - many of us have done that, only to realize later that things we enjoyed early on, didn’t really flip our wigs anymore after a while - it’s a huge world of cigars out there, smoke them all!

Especially that AB Coyol sitting at the top of your cooler - if you haven’t tried one yet, do it now and thank me later :cool:
Thanks everyone. Thanks for the advice multi, I have indeed put a stop to the online ordering. I already have tons of work to put in smoking wise :giggle:. I haven't tried the Coyol yet, though it is at the top of the list now. I've got a handful of them from about a month or so ago, so I'll try one out and let the others sleep for a while.