What's new

Hi Guys!

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi all,

I'm stopping by to let everyone know I'm still in Afghanistan, still safe, due back sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I got snatched up last minute in May due to some Marines having non-deployable issues and they 'needed my qualifications' supposedly. It's not too bad here once I got used to the heat, dust, and every national seemingly being a terrorist. It's really cooled off at an alrming rate lately though, with temps in the high 80s during the day, and 40s at night. You'll go from long underwear and jacket to wishing you had no uniform on at all, lol.

I finally got orders to Edwards AFB in February to work with the Air Force on the F-35 with a select few Marines so I'm pretty excited about that, especially having more time for school. I've been waiting for over a year since I re-enlisted for an answer as to where I was going. When I get back, I'll have a bit more time to visit the board :) I haven't been enjoying cigars out here so I'll have to pick a special one from the humi when I get back, as well as a couple stiff alcoholic beverages. :stretchgr There's a duty-free in Kandahar that sells overpriced ISOMs and they're all stored in a non-humidified cabinet, but people keep buying 'em up for some reason. :wtf: Must just be the allure of the cuban cigar...

Take Care,

:usaflag:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay safe sir and thank you for your contribution to the on going war on terror. It's men like you that make me proud to be an American. My best friend returned home from Afghanistan in febuary and he hasn't been the same, he's still a functioning part of society but I do what I can to make sure he knows he's not alone. So again thank you and stay safe not just physically but mentally as well marine.