What's new

High-end pipe experiences?

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
So I stumbled across an ebay auction that I've since won for a barely-smoked Paolo Becker pipe that would run $600+ new. Some of them from the same line are $1000+. I don't have any pipes that cost that much. Actually I think it's worth more than all my other pipes put together. I picked it up for a fraction of its value and it immediately turned out to be the best-smoking pipe in my collection.

So is it always true that you get what you pay for when it comes to pipes? Are all the high-end pipes this good/better, or am I just incredibly lucky? Not saying any of this to brag, just trying to figure out if I have a unicorn or if the person who bought it new actually got what they paid for...I sure did!

Some of the major differences, even compared to my well broken-in pipes:
Smokes cooler with less relights - usually I don't even have to bother
When it gets hot it takes longer to do so, then cools off quickly
HUUUUGE Bowl I mean cavernous!
I can smoke baccy that bites me in other pipes with no bite whatsoever
Despite these advantages, won't pass a fucking pipe cleaner! LOL

Last edited:

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I couldn't tell you - sorry. I've never smoked from a $600 - $1,000 pipe to know. I'm too cheap to spend that kinda dough on a pipe. I'm pretty content rockin a cob or other under $50 pipes.

The question I have for you is - are you sure it is really better than your other lower cost pipes or are you possibly perceiving it to be better? Was the baccy dried out more to cause less relights, tongue bite, etc? A lot of times spending more does in fact get you much better quality - but sometimes not..

Now, where the heck are the darn pics of this pipe you got for a song :). Congrats on the score!!