What's new

High school reunions

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ROFL, I would have liked to see that. The local dealer showing up sounds like something that would happen at my reunion. Most of my class got ate up with meth and all kinds of other drugs right after graduation. Last I heard several of them have been doing some serious time in the pen.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
i went to my 10 yr to find out that my highschool sweetheart blew up like a balloon. This is the same girl that decided she wanted to cheat on me with a badboy type loser who dropped out. They had kids within a year, and never got married and he disappeared. Well I guess I win. oother than that it was just a bunch of old buddies drinking too much and smoking joints out back lol

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
ROFL, I would have liked to see that. The local dealer showing up sounds like something that would happen at my reunion. Most of my class got ate up with meth and all kinds of other drugs right after graduation. Last I heard several of them have been doing some serious time in the pen.
See that's the thing, Bubba wasn't local. He live(s)(ed) an hour away and he was no small time dealer. Dude had garbage bags full of grass and bricks of the powder, so yo ucan imagine what was tucked under the shirts of those gangstas that was with him. ANd they didn't look none too happy with me. I was freakin out! Fortunately he remembered me and he always liked my brother, so i guess i was safe.

How he ended up at my class reunion still baffles me.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
See that's the thing, Bubba wasn't local. He live(s)(ed) an hour away and he was no small time dealer. Dude had garbage bags full of grass and bricks of the powder, so yo ucan imagine what was tucked under the shirts of those gangstas that was with him. ANd they didn't look none too happy with me. I was freakin out! Fortunately he remembered me and he always liked my brother, so i guess i was safe.

How he ended up at my class reunion still baffles me.

Business opportunity?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I went to my 5th, and skipped everone since (20th was last year). Maybe I'll go to one in the future. I guess it depends on your hs experiece mine kinda sucked.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I went to my 10th, 20th and 30th (not quite as old as BoppaWasch or Oneaday). Some of the people I still keep in touch with were at each one, but it was fun to see some of the people that I otherwise wouldn't see and find out what they were up to. And there were enough people that you could avoid or leave anyone you really didn't want to be with. And since I was going back to school at the time of my 10th and not yet married at the time of my 20th it's not as if I was high on the scale of things to brag about.

I'd go.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
That is exactly what you are going to get. I went to my 5th and 10th and refused to go to the 25th. Yea, I'm old.

I never tied in with any groups in school. Just kept looking straight ahead. When I went to my reunions I was making more $$ than any of them and they all wanted to be my friend. "Where were you in school when I didn't get the time of day"? Go F Yourselves.

That was fun to say.

Anyhow, have fun.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I remember my 10th now. I was pretty loaded and with my wife. The gal walked up to us with her husband, slaps me across the face and says, "this is the sob that ruined my senior prom. Damn, wish I could remember what I did?

Klusterbuck

Corrupted At An Early Age
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I remember my 10th now. I was pretty loaded and with my wife. The gal walked up to us with her husband, slaps me across the face and says, "this is the sob that ruined my senior prom. Damn, wish I could remember what I did?

This made me actually chuckle out loud....... I'd love to hear more about it, when you remember.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
We actually had a 5-year. I was just back from SE Asia and figured it might be fun. Wrong! When people found out where I had been they pretty much avoided me like I was a real baby killer. . .I ended up with a couple of old friends. We left and had a great time elsewhere. . .:thumbsup:

I went to the 10-year and it was just weird. I was a long-haul trucker by that time and just happened to be nearby (L.A.). Most were married, had children and were well into careers. I felt completely out of place. My life had taken many different turns by that point and I no longer had anything in common with most of my class. I never went to another.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
So This year is my 10 year reunion and don't know if I wanna go. To me it just seems like its going to be measuring of jobs and money.

Anways.... any of you peeps gone to your reunions? What was your take on it?
You've heard my take on my 10 year. But to answer the question of whether or not you should go...if you've got old friend you really wanna catch up with, then go. If not, i wouldn't bother...they're typically nothing but a dog and pony show like you might imagine