What's new

Hit and Run

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I left my house this morning to got run some errands and go grocery shopping and when we got home at 12:45 ish this is what I came home to

Hit and run. The mail lady saw the car blow through a stop sign and not make the corner and nail my car. She didn't get the plate or make of the vehicle. She saw two young kids in the car and No other wittiness. My only hope is that the kids parents make him do the right thing but probably not gonna happen.

Heath

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Damn Heath!

That sucks soo incredibly bad.

One of the worst feelings IMO. I had something similar when I lived in Dallas. A 14, 15 and 16 yr old group of teens rode around a housing development shooting car windows out with BB guns early early in the morning. Fortunately, I was not the only person who was targeted. About 36 other cars were damaged as well. Good news is it was such a big deal, that nothing could keep that quiet, so the kids were caught.

Really sorry to see this though man.

-Chrisso

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Damn Heath!

That sucks soo incredibly bad.

One of the worst feelings IMO. I had something similar when I lived in Dallas. A 14, 15 and 16 yr old group of teens rode around a housing development shooting car windows out with BB guns early early in the morning. Fortunately, I was not the only person who was targeted. About 36 other cars were damaged as well. Good news is it was such a big deal, that nothing could keep that quiet, so the kids were caught.

Really sorry to see this though man.

-Chrisso
Thanks Bro. I can't believe it happened at 11:15 this morning and no one get a plate or any type of helpful info. Hahaha

Heath

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Ya, was that old lady color blind?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Truth of the matter most people don't wanna take the time or be a part of a lot of drama since this could turn into like court, police, lawyers and civil bs and that is sad. Sorry brother for your damage. Hell most companies in so many words kinda want you to turn a blind eye hoping it doesn't take away from the companies time...ie the USPS and others etc..

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
dude, that sucks for your car, and it sucks to go through. good luck with the resolution. but cars can be replaced, at least you and yours are OK.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Very true JJ. I already have a rental car in place and a wrecker coming to get my car on Monday.
The street we live on is terrible. Part of the reason why I want to get out of the "City".
Anyway. I didn't let it ruin my day. Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Heath

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
That sucks man! Some deadbeat smacked into my wife's bumper while she was at the doctor's office just last weekend & of course left without taking responsibility. Lucky I was able to fix it without it being too noticeable. It still pisses you off though! People's morals these days are severely lacking! You can only hope karma somehow makes it right! I hope your deductible isn't too hateful! :(

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Man that really sucks brother, a buddy of mine lives on a bad corner and they have had several cars not be able to control it and slam into their cars. Hope the deduction isn't to bad.

Also reading the title I was thinking this was going to be a bomb!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Man that really sucks brother, a buddy of mine lives on a bad corner and they have had several cars not be able to control it and slam into their cars. Hope the deduction isn't to bad.

Also reading the title I was thinking this was going to be a bomb!
Hahaha I thought about changing the title because I figured people would think that.
My deductible kinda sucks $500 but could be worse. The situation sucks but why let it wreck my day. (See what I did there) lol

Heath

earnold25

Eran
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Not sure about your state laws, but you should be able to get this via uninsured motorist...no fault, less deductible usually. Shouldn't raise your rates as its no fault as well. Make sure you check that out.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Hopefully you filed a police report, should help with insurance not going up if you file a claim. Also you may want to ask some of the body shops in the area to keep an eye out for a car needing front end work (cops may do that too depending on where you live), sometimes they can find the runner that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Definitely should not raise your rates. I run an independent agency, and we unfortunately see these types of claims all the times. It happens a lot in shopping malls, cars parked in parking garages, etc. Eran is corret in that it is a no fault claim and shouldn't impact your rates. They will most likely require you to pay your deductible. Make sure you file a police report, which will help if the insurance company or police are ever able to track down the person who did it.

In the case of an unattended auto accident (since you weren't there to witness it), it can be hard to make a claim to the uninsured motorist pool. Sometimes even if the state has a pool, they will fight it claiming that there is no way to prove the motorist that hit you wasn't insured. Most auto insurance companies will have a team that will try and recoup money from other sources (like the uninsured pool) and if they can will refund you your deductible.

Not being licensed in NH, this is simply a friendly bit of information and in no way is an intent to represent an auto insurer or agent in the state of NH.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That sucks man, at least ur okay! And good job not letting it mess ur day up, im not that calm minded lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3
Hahaha I know what you mean. I have come a long way with that!

The insurance won't go up but I do need to pay my deductible. Police report filed I will be happy to just get my car back

Heath

jorgea

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those kids belong behind bars. I'm sorry for this event. Let us know here if these kids get caught.