What's new

Hog Tied Burnage

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This Cubra seco I received recently from LO smolders like a champ. Spark a corner of a sample, set the sample in an ashtray, it just sets there complacently turning itself into smoke until it's all all gone gone. Prolly the best smolderage I've ever.

The leaves are super duper thin, and about as flat as my neighbor's kid sister before fifth grade, and dry enough (that's low case to those of you too addicted to baccy forums to realize that is not how anyone outside said forum uses the word). They are not without oil; but don't stick to each other all that bad when I go to pull one out of the stack.

However... when I roll the leaves into tubes, then combine the tubes into a bunch, then bind the bunch, and mold it, and wrap it... somewhere in all of that procedure two unwanted things happen:

1) It gloms together. If I have included ample filler, that gar goes hard. If I try to leave air space by rolling loose, that gar goes soft and soggy (unlike, say, the special gars Bliss recommends we get from his fave adult store).

2) Burnage gets all hog-tied thereby.

It's kinda like everything went and melted together inside the gar.

Who has used this stuff successfully & how?

Thinking I'll rummage round & find a crunkly filler, possibly a corojo or criollo, and see if alternating with crunklers, so that Cubra leaves don't touch, might help.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thinking I'll rummage round & find a crunkly filler, possibly a corojo or criollo, and see if alternating with crunklers, so that Cubra leaves don't touch, might help.
Well, that only half worked out. Solved the burnage by a) intercalating corojo and b) rolling a robusto. The fatter size just seems to breathe better with this stuff.

OTOH, the corojo didn't work out worth a crapatalk. Flavor began dreary and turned dire. Last half unsmokable. So I gotta find something else kinda crinkly to put between these leaves. Criollo may not be far enough away. May need to rummage and reach.

Sent from my puter using tapakey