What's new

Holt's Center Location 7/26/07

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Sorry for the late notice, but I am visiting clients in DE Thursday July 26th for most of the day. I plan on hitting Holt's on Walnut St. between 3-4 and if I like the smoking lounge I should be there till closing like 6pm. I also want to hit an authentic Philly steak and cheese joint (Gino's?) but am not familiar with the city nor know where it is located. If anyone has time for a smoke, drink, and/or hoagie, please PM me ASAP. I will offer cell phone # to communicate via PM. Give me yours if you have the time.

Cheers,

Steve

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Dang, the two brothers that came to mind are busy or can not make it to center city. I still am aiming for Holt's, but might hit N. Philly for a jam session with another brother named Steve.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Hey Steve,
If you like the Pepin cigars, BlackCat Ciagrs is one block away from Holts and has them all. Holts smoking room is very nice. I am sure you will enjoy yourself.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Crap if I wasn't working.

Enjoy the selection at Holt's & Black Cat, Mahagony's is great and if you want some great Belgium beers there is a great place right around the corner.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Darnit, I'm stuck at work from 7am to 7pm...

Holts just got in a new shipment of Tat's and several pepins, along with woam's (limit 2) and graycliff purple labels (also limit 2). pepin shelf is to the right of the registers when you enter the walk-in humi. Black cat has a better selection, if you ask me, but holts is getting there... Only been to black cat once, so I'm not that familiar.

Gino's is ok for cheesesteaks, and there's a definite separation for loyalty to Gino's or Pat's -- I'm a Pat's boy myself, but either will give ya' a good tasting of a TRUE cheesesteak. When ordering at Gino's, it's in the order of (cheese? Onions? Beverage?), and ordered as "One With with coke" and the likes. Local thing, but they treat ya' right if you know the "inside scoop" for ordering.

Sorry I can't make it down there (I'd give up working to smoke a cigar ANY day!) but best wishes for the trip,
ZugbugPete

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Darnit, I'm stuck at work from 7am to 7pm...

Holts just got in a new shipment of Tat's and several pepins, along with woam's (limit 2) and graycliff purple labels (also limit 2). pepin shelf is to the right of the registers when you enter the walk-in humi. Black cat has a better selection, if you ask me, but holts is getting there... Only been to black cat once, so I'm not that familiar.

Gino's is ok for cheesesteaks, and there's a definite separation for loyalty to Gino's or Pat's -- I'm a Pat's boy myself, but either will give ya' a good tasting of a TRUE cheesesteak. When ordering at Gino's, it's in the order of (cheese? Onions? Beverage?), and ordered as "One With with coke" and the likes. Local thing, but they treat ya' right if you know the "inside scoop" for ordering.

Sorry I can't make it down there (I'd give up working to smoke a cigar ANY day!) but best wishes for the trip,
ZugbugPete

Funny you should mention the Tats and the WOAM's, cause that is exactly some of what I bought. Purchases: Two WOAM's, one Tat. brown Noellas, Tat. brown Petit Tat., A Fuente Ch&#226;teau Fuente Sun Grown, and a few of the lower cost Holt's products to try.

Great store with lots of sticks and LOADS of full boxes as well. The people there were nice and helpful. Getting singles was a blessing, as on-line usually have to get samplers or 5 packs to try something.

I did not have time to smoke there or drink upstairs this visit. Being alone would not have been too much fun. I ended up hanging with Bassman while he jammed with his band. There I was able to enjoy a cold beer, ate a Philly cheese steak with great frys, and smoke a couple very nice cigars thanks to Bassman.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Mahoganys is a good place to go. I was there last year when I was in Philly on business. And the Holts store there is great.

And nice pick ups Steve.