What's new

Holt's Connoisseur

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I like these a LOT. However, at the price point, they have a lot of excellent competition. I was going to buy a box, but then I tried one of JR's Genuine Counterfeit Cuban Cigars Edicion Limitadas and loved it! Bought a box of them, instead, at less than half the price of the Connoisseurs.
Thank you for that information. I will wait to purchase for now as I am out of room anyway.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Anyone tried the connoisseur line yet from all those boxes recently bought? I believe Chuck liked them, but which one's? What is the profile like?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Anyone tried the connoisseur line yet from all those boxes recently bought? I believe Chuck liked them, but which one's? What is the profile like?
I have smoked two of the Bishops, (waiting on the others from our young friend in Georgia). Both were excellent cigars. Oily wrapper with a wonderful pre-light draw and taste. The draw was firm but not tight. Full bodied but not harsh. Cedar, leather and a slight sweetness. Lots of smoke. I want to try the smaler ones before ordering.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Right-roh Chuck. I smoked one of the Prince that I bought at Holts a few weeks back in my Philly visit. I tossed it out about 1/2 way through. Too hard to judge a stick by only one and it was off the shelf.

:rofl: Still waiting on the other end, go figure.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a box of the corona size (prince) and smoked a few of them. They are really great. I prefer these over the Old Henry brand (also by Jose Pepin Garcia and sold by Holts) These are strong full-bodied smokes similar to Tatuaje. You can't go wrong with the coronas - super construction, oily wrapper, nice burn, perfect balance, yummy. easily a 90 cigar.

I got a box of the bishop size in yesterday. after they rest a bit in my humidor I will give them a try. Holts really needs to do a sampler pack for these.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Thanks JohnCalvin and :welcome: Glad you like them and will wait till more folks chime in before buying them.

You should visit the introduction section and let us know about you.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like the torpedos (I forget what their fancy name is --- Chancellor, maybe) a lot. However, as I said in an earlier post, there are lots of cigars that are as good, or better, at the price range ($5 or so per stick). I have been smoking them as part of a rotation, but so far I have only bought 5-ers, no boxes.

As to the profile, they remind me of Tatuajes (big surprise!) and a smoother, milder version of RP Edges. But YMMV.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pepin's seem to be well-regarded. I have smoked some, but forgot to record which ones I liked and which ones I didn't (duh!). Most of my friends seem to like the black labels a lot, but I know people who prefer the blue. No matter what, I think they are definitely worth a shot.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Pepin's seem to be well-regarded. I have smoked some, but forgot to record which ones I liked and which ones I didn't (duh!). Most of my friends seem to like the black labels a lot, but I know people who prefer the blue. No matter what, I think they are definitely worth a shot.
:yes: :yes:
Tatuaje Brown Label - Noellas or any
Pepin Garcia - Blue and Black Label
Old Henry - Holts
Cabaguian

All very nice smokes. Pricey but nice.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I also like the Tatuaje red labels and white labels. The reds are less expensive than the browns, and the whites are still less. However, the whites are mixed filler, and both need a fair amount of humidor time before they come close to the browns, IMO.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I also like the Tatuaje red labels and white labels. The reds are less expensive than the browns, and the whites are still less. However, the whites are mixed filler, and both need a fair amount of humidor time before they come close to the browns, IMO.
I have enjoyed the reds as our B&M has them. No so much the whites. I think that was a shot at a value cigar that missed IMO.